Auto req ID: 12271BR
Business Unit Name: VMS Corporate Offices (CORP)
Location: State California
Location: City Palo Alto
Job Typ:e Regular Full-Time
About Varian When you join Varian, you’re joining an organization with nearly
$3 billion in annual revenue, and more than 6,500 team members across more than
30 countries. You’ll be backed by a culture that is centered on fostering your
creative potential, and experience the full support of an organization and
leadership committed to inspiring you to do your best work. Together, we can
make an impact on our customers, each other, and millions of lives. At Varian,
you’ll find yourself surrounded by some of the world’s best and most creative
talent, working together with a singular goal – our mission to help save lives.
Our technology helps clinicians fight cancer, and the work you will do can
support this important goal. Whether your focus is Legal, Human Resources,
Government Affairs, Finance or IT, joining our Corporate Services team means
you’ll contribute to Varian’s success as a global cancer fighter around the
The Export/Sanctions Counsel will be a part of the Global Trade team and will
be instrumental in assisting the company's business operations with compliance
with U.S. export control laws and regulations, including sanctions.
- Analyzing business transactions for export control/sanctions regulations
requirements and providing regulatory guidance to the business.
- Assisting with compliance process mapping, compliance program updates,
and other export compliance projects, as required.
- Preparing, submitting and tracking U.S. export license applications and
in compliance with conditions and reporting obligations.
- Reviewing and releasing export order holds and providing global support
for export control aspects of order processing and contracts functions.
- Timely and accurate ECCN classifications; preparing and submitting CCATS
requests to BIS.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelors Degree and Juris Doctor from an accredited law school
- 2-4 years of hands-on export compliance/sanctions experience in a
business. Experience in a law firm or consultancy may be substituted for
- Strong working knowledge of the U.S. Export Administration Regulations
(EAR) and sanctions regulations. Familiarity with U.S. and other encryption
export/import regimes is desirable.
- Strong computer skills; familiarity with SAP and SAP GTS as an automated
trade solution is desired.
- Experience with non-US export and sanctions regimes is desirable.
- Experience with audits, investigations and other internal reviews is
- Some travel may be required.
- 4 year Bachelor's Degree required.
- Working knowledge of U.S. export control laws and regulations, or
comparable legal/regulatory experience in a law firm or global company is
strongly desired. Strong experience with Bureau of Industry and
- Security (BIS) EAR compliance is required. Some experience with
sanctions regulations is required.
- Effective and flexible team player, with ability to work well with
cross-functional and global business partners.
- Clear and concise writing and verbal ability.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills required.
- Proven ability to organize and manage large volumes of data and many
tasks in a trade context.
- Desire to grow professionally, work with good humor and contribute to
the trade compliance excellence of the organization.
- Become part of our team You’re just one click away from the most
impactful work you’ll ever do. Apply now and join our mission to save lives.
Someone, somewhere, will be glad you did.
- EEO Policy All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin,
protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
- Percentage of Travel Required 0-25%
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php