International Trade Compliance Analyst
Location: Dublin: CA USA or Salt Lake City, UT, USA
With our strong investment in research and development and our culture of
continuous improvement, Hexcel is the industry leader in the manufacturing of
composite materials and industrial fabrics. We invite you to join the Hexcel
team at various manufacturing sites, sales offices and R&T centers around the
globe. Become a part of the “strength within.”
The selected individual will be responsible for but not limited to the
- Applying sound analysis of applicable rules and regulations to validate
and ensure compliance of material, technology, equipment and software
movement to and from Hexcel facilities and customer sites.
- Ensuring that the importing and exporting activities comply with
governmental laws and regulations from an operational day to day operations
perspective. The laws and regulations include but are not limited to:
Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR), Export
- (EAR), International Traffic in Arms (ITAR), and U. S. Treasury Office
of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC). This includes the import and export of
products, services, transfer of technical data, and all other compliance
- Expertise in US trade laws and regulations including: Customs and Border
Protection (CBP), Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR), Export Administration
Regulations (EAR), International Traffic in Arms (ITAR), and U. S. Treasury
Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC).
- Strong working knowledge and experience in import and/or export
compliance processes, procedures, and policies.
- Establish and maintain operational procedures to ensure full compliance
of the regulations governing the movement of goods and technology.
- Monitor compliance and performance of logistics partners and participate
in service review meetings and evaluate quality levels.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement, determine available
options for improvement and make recommendations for improvements to
- Assist in the processing of North Atlantic Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)
‘Certificates of Origin’ for products/parts imported from Canada or
Mexico-based suppliers, eligible for duty free status.
- Complies with Hexcel policies, procedures, and Code of Business Conduct.
- Minimum of Bachelor degree (advanced degree preferred) in Logistics,
Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, or
International Trade with 5 years of export/import compliance experience; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough working knowledge of and experience with U.S. CBP, ITAR, EAR,
FTR laws and regulations.
- Ability to communicate with professionals and people of all levels of
the organization and to operate effectively within a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products, document library
systems, and database management.
- Well-developed organizational, priority management and planning skills.
- Working knowledge of integrated logistics management.
- Detailed understanding of Incoterms, global cargo insurance coverage,
and shipping paperwork requirements.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation) with
ability to implement and conduct training programs.
- Proven problem solving and decision making skills.
- Must be a US Citizen.
This position is restricted to U.S. citizens due to U.S. federal government
contracts that require the employment of only persons who are U.S. citizens.
Hexcel (NYSE: HXL) is a global leader in advanced composites technology, a
leading producer of carbon fiber, and the world leader in honeycomb
manufacturing for the commercial aerospace industry.
Hexcel is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, physical or mental disability, status as protected veteran, or any other
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php