Staff Demand Planner
Location: Austin, TX
Salary: $95,000 - $110,000
Job Type: Direct Hire
- Ensure an efficient supply of product to meet customer and business
needs in the fast-paced, rapidly growing medical device industry.
- Leads and develops the team responsible for global demand planning and
field inventory management.
- Develops SAP system processes (APO, SNP, and ECC) to improve the demand
planning process, drive S&OP and optimize the field inventory management
- Work cross-functionally and cross-organizationally to create and manage
the global consensus demand plan and allocation of finished goods.
- Think creatively, get out of the box and solve problems.
- Develop and grow a staff of demand planning and field inventory
- Work effectively with staff located in the US, Europe, Middle East and
- Train and mentor the team on Demand Planning and Inventory best
- Work hands-on as needed in growing regions without demand planning or
field inventory coverage.
- Key measures of success include Order Line Fill Rate, Working Capital,
Scrap/ Obsolescence, Forecast Accuracy and Bias, New Product Launch.
- Develop the global demand plan for the Neuromodulation business unit.
- Partners across the organization to ensure the demand plan reflects new
product introduction, launches in new geographies, end of life and product
- Challenges plan vs actual results through tracking of key demand
planning metrics like forecast accuracy and bias to improve the consensus
- Continuously works to improve SAP and related systems.
- Leads the Demand Planning Process in S&OP.
- Works with typically complex data and multiple hierarchies to prepare
and summarize data to track, report and improve our understanding of the
- Reports on assumptions, risks, and opportunities to validate and
understand the impact on the consensus demand plan.
- Ensures decisions and direction from the Demand Plan Review are
incorporated into the plan and driven through the system to the Supply
Planning Team for execution.
- Manages the field inventory process.
- Develops the target setting methodology for field inventory and ensures
supply to meet patient needs.
- Understands and drives allocation activities during periods of
- Develops processes and systems to optimize the tracking and management
of field inventory.
- Bachelorís degree and 5+ years of related work experience with
demonstrated understanding of demand planning.
- Minimum 1 year: CPIM, CSCP, Greenbelt certification highly desirable.
- Minimum 3 years: Supervising or managing a team.
- Medical device or other highly regulated industry.
- SAP APO DP, SAP SNP, SAP ECC.
- Leading or participating in the S&OP process, especially demand
- Collecting and analyzing data, drawing conclusions and presenting
findings to a broader audience.
- Minimum 5 years: Progressive responsibility for Supply Chain,
Forecasting, Demand Management.
- Managing and improving systems and processes including master data
- The ability to travel as needed (up to 25%) both domestically and
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php