Trade Compliance Program Manager
We are looking for an outstanding individual with integrity, personal
accountability, can-do thinking, a focus on partnership, and a commitment to
excellence. If you exemplify our values and want to be part of something BIG,
contact us today.
- 5 years classifying in accordance with the Harmonized Tariff Schedule,
or equivalent. Strong HTS classification and analytical skills are required.
- Adept in quantitative (statistical) analysis; proficient in analyzing
regulations, experience with analyzing and interpreting data, and
- Knowledgeable with computer software (Excel, Filemaker Pro, Word, SAP,
etc.) with experience managing Trade Compliance Systems Automation Projects.
Strong skills in SAP is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills, detail oriented,
and a positive attitude.
- Excellent communication skills. Including ability to resolve/research
complex and routine issues with business divisions, suppliers, brokers and
- Self-motivated – both, a strong teammate; ability to work independently
and make effective decisions.
- Ability to deal with multiple complex and sensitive matters
simultaneously, and ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced work
- Knowledge of US Customs programs – including CFR, Customs’
Classification, Importer Self-Assessment (ISA), FTZs, Protests, Antidumping
and Countervailing duty orders, and PGAs (e.g. FDA, EPA) requirements.
- Broker’s License a plus but not required.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary job responsibility will be to research and classify products and
materials, with a high level of accuracy, in accordance with the tariff,
Other Government Agencies and other related requirements. You lead the
process of assigning and maintaining HTS code classifications and providing
support globally. You are expected to become a resident expert, utilizing
and providing guidance on global classification system and processes.
- Work closely with other members of the Global Trade Compliance (GTC)
team to review, audit, classify and manage the automated system of parts and
- Build and maintain expeditious and accurate communication flows between
internal and external customers regarding customs classification process.
- Participate in the development of training with the purpose of educating
various internal groups on the tariff classification system. Provide
guidance and training to GTC on how to access data, classify, run reports
and share data. Provide guidance to the greater community on the
classification system to meet specific business needs.
- Contribute to the development of other global trade compliance
initiatives identified in support of trade facilitation and regulatory
- Support the daily trade compliance operations, including clearance of
shipments by working with various business organizations and providing
compliance information and instruction to the customs brokers.
- Assist with various departmental projects by providing technical
expertise. Projects may include support for: FTZ, CTPAT, protests,
Ozone-Depleting Chemical Excise Tax, Reconciliation, HTS classification,
Importer Self-Assessment, Audits, Broker paperless audit report project,
broker payment, duty drawback, protest, procedure documentation. You will be
participated in Global projects and strategic initiatives as directed by the
programs/projects group or manager.
We are looking for a hardworking Global Trade Compliance (GTC) Individual
Contributor to join our team and support our growing and evolving
infrastructure. You will be responsible for supporting the global classification
program and executing on a broad range of import compliance matters in support
of trade facilitation. You will work directly with Operations, Procurement,
Engineering, Finance, Material data management, Suppliers and a variety of
global internal businesses partners to drive trade compliance across the supply
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree preferred
Gateway Recruiting, INC.
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php