Manager Supply Chain
Location: Bay Area, CA
Job Type: Direct Hire
This position is responsible for planning and managing inventory objectives
through both internal and external suppliers. The primary role of network
strategic planning is to translate midterm to long-term production plans (4+
months) into a monthly master production schedule (MPS) aligned with near-term
manufacturing requirements. This position will drive supply performance through
effective planning and will build and maintain strong partnerships with Demand
Planning, Commercial Manufacturing and Quality to ensure the timely delivery and
release of product. This position will be required to provide strategic
decisions on any midterm or long-term supply issues and work with a cross
function team to mitigate impact to the client supply chain. The person in this
role is an analytical thinker and a strong communicator with an eye for detail.
As such, the ability to work with various levels within and outside the
organization, from line personnel to senior management, is required. This
position will be required to present strategic plans to senior management and
provide analysis for various decisions (i.e. scheduling and network sourcing
strategies. Proficiency in advanced planning systems such as Kinaxis
RapidResponse to drive strategic planning decisions is essential.
- Responsible for midterm to long-term network MPS in monthly buckets
(months 4 – 36)
- Monitor demand forecast and work closely with S&OE to manage inventory
levels and ensure changes are aligned with network supply plans
- Responsible for supply chain modeling to: Support budgeting process,
Maintain planning parameters, Evaluate demand scenarios, Define sourcing
- Proposes safety stock levels throughout the drug product supply chain
and works with API supply chain to ensure alignment of inventory across DP
- Works with API supply chain to ensure long range API purchase plans
support master production plan and resolves issues where they may arise
- Responsible for mapping market/product demand to SKUs and DCs
- Responsible for rough cut capacity planning and monthly evaluation
against existing capacity models to ensure feasible plans
- Leads and support monthly Supply and Management meeting meetings to
present network MPS and changes per planning cycle
- Ensure Annual stability plans are met
- Represents Global Supply Chain on CMC and CCPR teams to ensure changes
will be implemented in a strategic and timely manner
- Manage all changes and assess impact to supply chain to ensure no
interruption to patient supply
- Manage NPI introductions and ensures all launch timelines are met
- May assist with the development and integration of new technologies
and/or new processes as needed to support continuous improvement by seeking
ways to improve planning performance
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Able to develop solutions to a wide range of complex problems, which
require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal
skills. Able to understand and communicate scientific and business elements
to multiple internal audiences.
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment, and support
multiple activities simultaneously. Determines personal work plan, and
schedules tasks and activities.
- Good planning and organizational skills coupled with strong time
- Good understanding and application of relevant principles, concepts,
practices, and standards, and solid knowledge of industry practices.
- Solid knowledge of relevant regulatory guidance, including
pharmaceutical GMPs and ICH Q7A.
- Advanced knowledge and skill with Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel
and other reporting and tracking tools.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Able to identify and
resolve issues/problems, and define potential deficiencies that could impact
the client timelines or operations.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the financial aspects of Supply Chain
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency across multiple practices within
Supply Chain department, to understand, coordinate and communicate across
the competing demands of each.
- Experience with Oracle EBS preferred and/or experience with advanced
- 8+ years of relevant experience in related field and a BS or BA; or
- 6+ years of relevant experience and a MA/MBA.
- APICS certification preferred.
- Experience in pharmaceutical operations/cGMP environment highly
Gateway Recruiting, INC – www.GatewayRecruiting.com – info@GatewayRecruiting.com/a>.
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php