Business Analyst- Labor Management System
Location: Any US City
Salary: $85,000 - $95,000
Job Type: Direct Hire
Conducts organizational studies and evaluations, design systems and
procedures, conduct work simplification and measurement studies, and prepare
operations and procedures manuals to assist management in operating more
efficiently and effectively. Responsible for supporting the Labor Management
(LM) implementation at selected company locations.
- Develop, implement, support and manage LM across applicable facilities.
- Coordinate ongoing maintenance, changes, and updates to WMS and LM,
along with additional warehouse changes including automation and interfaces
with the WMS/LMS at some of the company sites.
- Manage project budget restrictions and align with key decision makers on
- Perform elemental time studies.
- Use time study data to develop engineered standards.
- Develop operational reports using Cognos Report Studio (Manhattan SCI).
- Support Operations teams through WMS and LM applications and
- Support other distribution systems (Sortation Software, Voice Directed
- Prepare manuals and train workers in use of new forms, reports,
procedures or equipment, according to organizational policy.
- Support the internal management teams and external supplier partners at
all stages of the implementation and launch.
- Gather and organize information on problems or procedures.
- Analyze data gathered and develop solutions or alternative methods of
- Confer with associates concerned to ensure successful functioning of
newly implemented systems or procedures.
- Develop and implement records management program for filing, protection,
and retrieval of records, and assure compliance with program.
- Review forms and reports and confer with management and users about
format, distribution, and purpose, and to identify problems and
- Document and prepare recommendations for implementation of new systems,
procedures, or organizational changes.
- Design, evaluate, recommend, and approve changes of forms and reports.
- Plan study of work problems and procedures, such as organizational
change, communications, information flow, integrated production methods,
inventory control, or cost analysis.
- Bachelor's degree (BA) or equivalent from four-year college preferred
specifically in warehouse and logistics management or industrial
engineering; or three or more years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive related experience in the following areas is required for this
position: W&S or Beverage experience; process design and improvements.
- Manhattan LM experience required.
- Knowledge of wholesale distribution strongly preferred. Material
Handling (Sortation, Conveyor, etc.) and Voice pick experience is a plus
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals,
professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from
groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete
variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written,
oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Knowledge of Internet, Microsoft Office Suite software (Outlook, Word,
Excel, Power Point, etc.), the ability to write basic SQL statements, and
some knowledge of order processing systems (such as Logility, Microstrategy,
and etc.) or the aptitude to learn.
- Experience with Cognos Report Studio and Manhattan WMS/LMS is preferred.
- Significant travel ability required (80% of weekdays + some weekend)
- Able to be on call 24/7 during call rotation
- Some night shift work
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php