Trade Compliance Associate Manager
Pleasant Prairie, WI
SUMMARY: Manage Trade Compliance program to ensure compliance with US import
laws and regulations. This includes ownership of the US import broker
relationships and performance, US customs communication, reporting from ACE and
auditing processes. Supervising the development of a team of trade compliance
employees is also required.
- Accountability for the Customs Brokers used for all overseas import
shipments into the US. Leading recurring meetings, monitoring performance,
implementing process improvements and conducting audits to ensure accuracy
- Responsibility as primary contact for communication with US Customs on
all inquiries and questionnaires and coordinating the required research
necessary for responses.
- Interface with senior leadership and internal departments (Human
Resources, Transportation, IT, Merchandising, etc.) to ensure all processes
are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, business models and
- Develop and communicate monthly and quarterly reporting and metrics to
senior leadership and internal stakeholders.
- Grow compliance awareness within the organization. Provide compliance
training as needed.
- Assist with strategic projects to improve efficiency, compliance risk
and cost reduction initiatives for the organization.
- Oversight of documentation, manuals, and procedures as they relate to
the Customs regulations, other agency government requirements, and business
- Lead and develop a team of trade compliance direct reports.
- Establish and monitor internal audit processes. Conduct regular trade
compliance process reviews and internal audits across operating units to
assure trade compliance effectiveness and identify areas of weakness for
- Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably
within the scope of the activities enumerated above.
- Bachelorís Degree required.
- US Customs Broker License Strongly Preferred.
- 5-7 years experience in a company with heavy US import volume.
- Supervisory/Managerial experience a plus.
- In depth trade compliance knowledge with import trade documentation
including, HTS Classification, Country of Origin and proper valuation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Canada and Mexico Trade Compliance experience a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to lead and manage an experienced team.
- Excellent business judgment and strategic thinking.
- Required to stand, sit, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel
objects, reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to talk and hear.
- Vision abilities include close vision, color vision and ability to
- Occasionally lift and or move up to 10 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Travel as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative
of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php