Global Trade Compliance Specialist
Job Type: Direct Hire
This position will oversee operational activity, drive global compliance
projects and strengthen the execution of the trade compliance program. The
selected candidate will work within the Global Logistics team to support our
overseas suppliers, customers and internal customers (Product Teams, Sales,
Engineering and Marketing) to enable the continued growth in the aftermarket
Responsibilities and Duties/Essential Duties
- Develop and maintain an effective compliance program. Design, develop,
and implement policies, procedures and manuals related to compliance with
U.S. and foreign control laws and regulations.
Coordinate and administer compliance processes for daily shipments,
including; screening for denied parties, booking and scheduling
transportation, preparing documentation (commercial invoice, packing list,
SLI, etc), reviewing sanctioned and embargoed countries, preparing accurate
documentation, classifying skus, performing periodic audits and maintaining
records in compliance with all US Customs regulations.
- Ensure that transactions comply with applicable U.S. Laws, Government
Agency Regulations and internal Company Products procedures.
- Interact regularly with and provide operational support on Import /
Export compliance matters to internal stakeholders, including Product teams,
Supply Chain, Shipping and Sales.
- Stay abreast of current and emerging rules and regulations which may
affect Company Productís Trade Compliance, in particular with regard to
Canada, China, Taiwan and Mexico.
- Be responsible for researching, analyzing and interpreting U.S. and
Foreign government regulations and determining if they affect Company
shipments, in particular with regard to potential Company Products
acquisitions and growth opportunities.
- Prepare and file any required reports, licenses or documents to Bureau
of Industry and Security, Office of Foreign Assets Control and other
- Develop and deliver presentations, including export general awareness
training, program/function specific training to Company Products audiences.
- Ability to work cross functionally with Company Products stakeholders to
ensure stable and compliance Export operations while elevating overall Trade
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring that inaccuracies which might drive
inefficient export shipments are identified and vetted.
- Ability to develop, follow, manage and enforce processes and standard
- Ability to manage multiple requests, processing while prioritizing and
meeting customer shipment deadlines.
- Experience working in an international logistics/transportation/customs
brokerage firm and/or working with global customers/partners preferred.
- Knowledge of import / export processes, including: C-TPAT, Restricted
Party Screenings, Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) and Office of
Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) regulations.
- Experience with product classification, including: Harmonized Tariff
Schedule (HTS) and Export Control Classification Number (ECCN).
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement advanced compliance
control policies, procedures, and instructions.
- Proficiency in commodity jurisdiction and classification determinations
and making determinations regarding applicability of exemptions and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
Access, etc.) and SAP.
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php