International Logistics Traffic Analyst
Location: Lincoln, NE
Job Type: Direct Hire
Possible position also in New York
This position is responsible to reduce our spending on logistics of both bulk
freight and small package while maintaining high quality of service levels and
meeting on time delivery targets. To do this, the person will have to analyze
spending on current logistics methods and vendors, identify opportunities for
cost reduction, and create specifications for new logistics contract orders,
evaluate logistics vendor reliability, and develop new logistics sources where
vendors and suppliers are inadequate. The job is further responsible for timely
logistics planning for multiple business sites located throughout the United
States with suppliers and customers located throughout the world.
Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Analyze all aspects of logistics to determine the most cost-effective or
efficient means of transporting products or supplies both domestically and
- Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes.
- Evaluates logistics vendor quotations to ensure the utilization of
appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price,
timeliness, and service.
- Negotiate with logistics suppliers to improve efficiency or
- Recruits and maintains logistics suppliers that provide high quality
services at a better price while maintaining the highest code of ethics and
- Build relationships with logistics suppliers that result in improved
quality and long-term cost savings.
- Identify logistics utilization inefficiencies, opportunities for
consolidation of freight and general cost reductions
- Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future
- Implements, manages, and monitors logistics reporting systems to meet
- Reviews invoicing claims and contracts for conformance to company
- Prepares and reviews contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements
for legal correctness, price, and acceptability of services to
- Assures that the logistics performance is on schedule, at the negotiated
price, and meets the quality standards of the company.
- Ensure logistics vendors and internal processes are all in compliance
with import and export policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Ensure that departments within the organization reach goals within
budget and a high level of quality.
- Coordinates, develops and implements standard operating procedures for
functional logistics areas for multiple business units.
- Confers with department supervisors or leads to determine status of
- Identifies obstacles to achieving business goals and provides solutions
or seeks assistance.
- Works to avoid erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results that
may cause shipping damage or delays in schedules.
- Prepares and presents budgetary recommendations.
- Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, outside customers,
and functional peer groups at various management levels. Interaction
normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting
presentations of information concerning specific project/schedules.
- Objectives are reviewed by senior management to determine success of
operation and are involved in developing, modifying and executing company
policies, which affect immediate operation(s) and may also have companywide
- Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on
matters concerning logistics.
- Education and/or Experience Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year
college or university in a related positions and 5 years of directly related
experience and/or training in topics such as shipping, receiving, transport
or other logistics areas; or equivalent combination of education and
- International Logistics and related compliance experience is required.
- General knowledge of the Microsoft Office and ERP/MRP Software.
- Experience required with ERP database and large data set analysis using
Access databases and Microsoft Excel PivotTables.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Basic Knowledge of ISO and/or AS9100
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/6 Sigma/Kaizen
- Understanding of import and export laws and related paperwork
requirements as it relates to logistics and the role of brokers, freight
- APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) desirable
- Working knowledge of INCO terms from the International Chamber of
- Sedentary light work is involved in a typical office or administrative
- Travel to multiple domestic and international company sites to develop
plans with key departments that utilize logistics suppliers.+
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php