Senior Trade Compliance Manager - Americas International
Location: District of Columbia, WA
Salary: $110,000 - $140,000
Job Type: Direct Hire
The successful candidate will report to the Director of Global Trade
Compliance and provide support specific to the Americas region including but not
limited to; United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Chile,
Peru, Caribbean and Central American territories regarding import and export
requirements within the region.The candidate will provide consultative support;
evaluate import/export requirements; conduct periodic assessments of import and
export processes and systems; assist with the development of compliance
guidelines and participate in the roll-out and training on compliance
- Support global and regional compliance requirements in maintaining
continuity with corporate trade compliance direction. Coordinate with Trade
Compliance personnel on other governmental agency matters such as customs,
country of origin, markings, denied party screening, embargoed countries,
anti-boycott compliance, in-country transfer authorizations, and practices
related to Foreign Trade Agreements as well as specific in country
- Serve as subject matter expert and work with business units to ensure
import and export activities are effectively managed to meet all Latin
American countries and other foreign government import and export rules and
- Act as internal consultant with all regional sites, business units,
internal and external customers for import and export compliance issues.
- Proactively identify areas of compliance risk, and present risk
assessment and improvement plan.
- Act as primary interface and maintain a close working relationship with
local Customs and regulatory agencies for any potential regulatory issues,
ensure timely and accurate filing of entries and declarations according to
the local rules and regulations.
- Reviews and reports on the state of the company's compliance
effectiveness, report areas of risk to senior team, recommend solutions, and
obtains guidance and/or decision support for required improvements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of special programs (i.e., FTAs, GSPs, Tariff
Quotas, Tariff Suspensions, other VAT or Duty avoidance opportunities)
geared primarily for the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia,
Chile and Peru
- Knowledge of the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) requirements and
US Customs and Border Protection (USCBP).
- Familiarity with Americas, EU and Asian trade regimes and disclosure
- Responsible for customs import compliance queries and matters specific
to the Americas.
- Manage and execute yearly US Customs Reconciliation program.
- Liaison with US Department of Commerce, NSA, Treasury, OFAC and Customs
and Border Protection (Port specific).
- Audit of AI import entries performed by brokers.
- Prepare and submit US Customs Rulings as necessary.
- Issue and maintain Broker Guidelines for the Americas International
- Provide advice and guidance as requested to non-GTC members regarding
export and import regulations in the Americas.
- Trade Compliance review and input for all Non Inventory shipments within
- Bachelorīs degree in International Trade or Business Administration.
- Minimum 7 years import/export experience in US, Mexico, Brazil, and/or
other Latin American countries.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to follow processes and
- Solid project management and analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of import & export best practices.
- Customer Focus.
- Action Oriented.
- Structured planning skills.
- Fast learner.
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php