Trade Compliance Manager – APAC
Requisition Number: 43338BR
NetApp Job Description
The Trade Compliance Manager, APAC, will act as the lead export/import
compliance professional responsible for NetApp’s Global Trade Compliance (GTC)
program in the APAC region. The APAC GTC team works closely with GTC
professionals in other regions. Consistent with NetApp global trade compliance
policies and international regimes, the APAC Trade Compliance Manager will take
a lead role in defining and executing procedures related to
export and import compliance regulations in the APAC region (with concentration
on Singapore, Japan, and Australia). In this position, the APAC Trade Compliance
Manager will utilize strong leadership and technical trade compliance competency
to stay abreast of trade compliance requirements as regulations evolve in the
global environment. This position requires a significant degree of leadership
and influence skills, as you will engage at
all levels of internal and external partner organizations. NetApp regional GTC
mangers have the responsibility for managing licensing of products and technical
data; accomplishing all customer or transaction screenings such as restricted
party list reviews; managing export/import compliance awareness training;
handling foreign national screening (deemed exports); classification of products
and technical data under appropriate ECCN and Harmonized System codes;
maintaining compliance procedures; conducting internal audits to ensure
compliance with US and applicable global regulations; and completing any other
activity required to progress the trade compliance function within NetApp.
- • Minimum of 8 to 10 years of relevant experience in export and customs
- • Comprehensive experience with encryption regulations and dual-use
goods, technology transfers, and deemed export programs.
- • Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential,
especially presentation skills.
- • Excellent analytical, negotiation, and organizational skills.
- • High level of integrity and professionalism, including in dealing with
complex and sensitive matters.
- • Fluency in English required. Fluency in Mandarin strongly preferred.
Responsibility and Interaction:
- • Assist in developing and executing NetApp’s GTC Program with a global
team that is currently based in the United States, the Netherlands and
- • Assist in maintaining a documented global trade-related internal
controls program in accordance with guidelines published by APAC
- • Drive the continuous improvement of the Company’s GTC Program,
including automating processes and procedures.
- • Partner with numerous organizations globally within the Company,
including Legal, Logistics, HR, Supply Chain, Sales, IT, and Engineering to
develop and execute defined procedures.
- • Provide guidance and assistance to internal organizations within the
APAC region regarding relevant regulations and the integration of regulatory
requirements into business plans and processes.
- • Represent NetApp’s regional GTC program before relevant government
agencies, as needed, in order to maintain ongoing relations; respond to
government inquiries and address issues that are above and beyond day-to-day
- • Drive understanding of compliance requirements and sensitivity to
compliance risks through training, seminars and other mechanisms.
- • Monitor regulatory changes and help revise compliance policies and
practices in accordance with changing legal framework and business models.
- • Assist in negotiating and drafting export/import compliance contract
- • Assist in conducting trade compliance-related investigations.
Education & Experience:
- • Bachelor’s degree required; MBA, J.D. or Engineering degree a plus.
- • Minimum of 8 to 10 years of relevant experience in export and
- • In depth knowledge of, and extensive experience with U.S. and
Singapore trade-related requirements; experience with the trade-related
regulatory regimes of Australia and Japan.
- • Familiarity with the trade compliance regimes of the EU and other
European countries preferred.
- • Prior experience within a trade compliance team in large, global tech
companies a plus.
- • Proven track record of surpassing objectives and delivering
- • Excellent judgment in solving complex problems and developing
Interested applicants should apply to requisition number 43338BR on the
NetApp Careers site located here:
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php