Export Compliance Analyst
Location: Bay Area, CA
Job Type: Direct Hire
An exciting position that is critical to the successful launch of new
products awaits the right individual. This is an exceptional opportunity to join
a Global Export Compliance team. A chance to make a positive impact on a company
world renowned for its impressive lineup of products and technology. You’ll
share in a commitment to excellence by partnering with world-class managers, all
with one unified vision – creating innovative products that delight customers
- Complying with the Export Administration Regulation (EAR), International
Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC),
and foreign government agencies.
- Research, and classify software, hardware, or 3rd party products, and
submit classification requests to relevant government agencies, or
applications for export licenses for controlled products or technologies and
maintaining corporate records.
- Responsible for deemed export compliance, reviewing foreign national
candidates and submitting IVL export license applications to the BIS, and
maintaining records for record retention. Develop and execute
- Export Compliance Awareness trainings, developing and enforcing
compliance processes and procedures.
- Participate and contribute to the many other facets of responsibilities
which the export compliance department manages across the company.
- Bachelors degree in international business, international relations,
international trade, law degree or a related degree and with relevant
- Strong working knowledge of the Export Administration Regulations,
especially Categories 3, 4, 5 and 6.
- ITAR knowledge a plus.
- Experience with the SAP, Global Trade Services (GTS) module.
- Experience in creating & maintaining documentation of Export Compliance
controls & processes is required.
- Experience creating and providing trainings and presentations.
- Experience in logistics compliance.
- Familiarity with international regulations is a plus.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done as required.
- Experience working with engineering teams as needed.
- Ability to interface and work well with relevant Government agencies.
- Ability to refine and develop processes to gather the information
necessary to classify the products.
- Excellent communication skills in addition to the ability to deal
effectively with ambiguity and change will also be critical.
- Penchant for working with people, working in teams and building
- Prefer 5+ years of general export compliance experience.
- Mac and OS X proficiency is a must.
- Curiosity and creativity is a plus, plus!
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php