Regional Manager Trade Compliance US/CA
Company Name Levi Strauss & Co. Company Location
San Francisco, CA, US
We believe that clothes — and how you make them — can make a difference.
Since 1853, we’ve been obsessed with innovation to meet people’s needs. We
invented the first blue jean. And we reinvented khaki pants. We pioneered labor
and environmental guidelines for our manufacturing partners. And we work to
build sustainability into everything we do.
A company doesn’t last 160 years by standing still. It endures by reinventing
itself, striving to delight its consumers, winning in the marketplace, and by
remaining true to its values. We employ more than 17,000 people around the world
– supporting great brands, including Levi’s®, Dockers® and Denizen®. Our
employees are committed to innovation, creativity and collaboration. Put simply,
if you’re looking for a new opportunity, this is a great place to grow your
As the Manager of US/CA Trade Compliance, you are responsible for the
execution of seamless operations and ensuring import activity complies with US
customs rules and regulations. Your specific areas of responsibility will
include oversight of the US Foreign Trade Zone operations, transactional audit
of brokerage entries and conducting annual risk assessments and implementing
changes based on findings from the risk assessments. Additionally, you will be
responsible include communicating out findings from the corporate risk
assessments to the regional managers in Europe, Asia and Latin America and
supporting transactional audit of the Canadian operations.
- Brokerage service and entry quality at 95% or greater
- Duty efficiency managed with zero missed opportunities as the objective
- Transactional and reconciliation audits performed within established
- Trusted trader application and annual notification letters submitted
- Audits and post entry inquires successfully managed
- Review of general ledger and other internal records conducted timely
- Team objectives successfully achieved through effective coaching and
- Support the achievement of top quartile engagement scores
- Manages the transactional audit team member to ensure our entry accuracy
is 95% or greater. Oversee and improve Canadian transactional audit program
- Manages the foreign trade zone operations team member and ensures
outsource provider meets established KPIs.
- Manages US customs brokers to ensure service and quality KPI’s are met.
Support Canadian customs operations as necessary.
- Manages accurate reporting of the ISF 10+2 filings.
- Conducts annual risk assessments by executing against existing audit
protocols and developing new protocols as necessary based on risk and
findings. Manage risk based audit framework for US/CA FTA, classification,
post entry and general ledger accounts.
- Research internal audit findings, determine root cause and implement
procedural changes to mitigate exposure. Implement improved
processes/controls that are practical to the business purposes of the
company. Communicate findings to other regional managers when necessary.
- Effectively communicate and partner with internal stakeholders to ensure
compliance awareness is enhanced and objectives are met
- Partner with the Global Classification and FTA team to incorporate
classifications to the US and Canadian operations.
- Continues to build efficient and scalable processes to enable Company
- Oversee any audits and post entry inquires as necessary
- Leads setting of objectives, metrics reporting, people development and
process improvement for the US operations
- Oversee the annual ISA risk assessment and ensure execution of US
self-testing plan for ISA annual reporting.
- Develop relationships with key internal stakeholders in Tax and Finance
to stay abreast of business changes that could impact trade compliance and
to ensure objectives in annual audit plan are met.
- Review design and development costs periodically to support customs
value adjustments and communicate with Regional teams as necessary
- Keep abreast of emerging trade issues and communicates implications to
Trade Compliance Risk
- Bachelor or Master degree in business, accounting, international trade
or similar role
- Licensed US Customs Broker
- 5–7 years of experience
- Experience with the Importer Self Assessment program or similar audit
- Apparel experience a plus
- Excel, Word, Power BI, Access; SAP Experience a plus
- Proven independent operator.
- 3-5% travel possible
Here's a Small Snapshot
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits
package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving
your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered.
- 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of
pay you save.
- Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
- Product discount of 40% off regular-price merchandise
Levi Strauss & Co. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
Employer. We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives,
and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and
our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any
protected category. Minorities, females, people with disabilities and veterans
are highly encouraged to apply.
LOCATION 1155 Battery St. San Francisco, CA, 94111
FULL TIME/PART TIME Full time
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php