APAC Trade Compliance Analyst
Job Type: Direct Hire
Our Company looking for a dynamic, highly motivated Analyst / Manager to take
on a challenging role primarily for managing international trade compliance
escalations and broker-related issues selected APAC countries in Northeast Asia,
Oceania & Southeast Asia. This person will advise business groups on the trade &
customs regulatory aspects of new business initiatives as well as supporting the
Trade Compliance team in the regional implementation of corporate customs and
trade initiatives. This person will be responsible for developing internal
business strategic guidance and regulatory engagement in response to non-tariff
measures, import restrictions and related import/customs requirements in the
Asia Pacific (APAC) region, ensuring that those requirements can be fulfilled at
the earliest possible time. This position requires interfacing with multiple
groups within our company and government agencies to resolve issues and
implement policies and procedures to ensure sustainable compliance in an
effective and efficient manner. Additionally, will be a key contact point in
understanding and disseminating customs and related import requirements and
restrictions for successful execution by business teams.
- Provide clear guidance on customs & international regulatory compliance
restrictions that may create market access issues for product introduction
into the targeted markets.
- Partner with Operations, Retail and Reseller, AppleCare organizations to
import inventory goods, service parts into the APAC region.
- Communicate new and existing import requirements to key business groups
& leads with the goal of eliminating roadblocks at time of customs
- Advise business groups as special programs and projects prepare to
launch to determine any regulatory or import requirements.
- Partner closely with Logistics for management of custom broker
escalations on regulatory compliance issues gating importation to ensure
that Apple’s supply chain is not disrupted.
- Partner with Tax in relation to transfer pricing & customs valuation
- Evaluate and assess current customs broker management activities,
establishing key performance metrics, audit programs and compliance
- Develop and drive process improvement. Continuously evaluate processes,
consultants and local country office support to ensure best in class market
access lead times.
- Partner and influence Government Affairs & Legal organization to pursue
legislative changes on an as needed basis.
- Direct engagement with Customs and other government authorities on a
- Strong knowledge of customs compliance regulations in the Asia Pacific
- Familiarity of customs broker coordination and management.
- Proven ability to efficiently coordinate with customs and other local
authorities and experts to successfully resolve audits, challenges and
- Familiarity with SAP a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. English language
is required. Fluency in one or more other languages in the APAC region
- Must be able to work independently as well as in cross-functional teams
including engineering, sales, finance and operations.
- Able to partner, influence and educate cross-functional teams.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant working experience.
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php