Ocean & Air Import Coordinator
Location: USA (option to work from a home-based office if outside ND)
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
50 Best-Managed & Top 100 Employer Seeking a Senior Customs Associate:
- Work Life Balance – We CARE (Clients are our focus, Associates matter,
Relentlessly serving traders, Excellence and innovation in all we do):
committee, Social committee, Cultural Ambassadors
- Compensation – We pay fairly: scheduled salary assessments, salary
- Excellent Benefits – Subsidized health, dental, short and long term
disability, life & AD&D
- Employee Retention – Employee development, internal university, external
training, leadership development, internal applicant preference, career
GHY International has an exciting opportunity for the new role of a full-time
Ocean & Air Import Coordinator. This role will support the Pembina, ND office;
however, the successful candidate may have home-office flexibility to be based
anywhere in the USA. GHY International is an international Customs and trade
services group designed to assist importers and exporters to buy and sell in
world markets. Founded in 1901, GHY is one of Canada’s oldest brokerage
companies and has international offices in Toronto, Emerson, Winnipeg, Vancouver
and North Dakota. GHY’s structure is designed around providing sustainable
corporate growth, strong client service, and opportunity to GHY associates. One
of the most predominant aspects of our company culture is CARE. It is ingrained
in all we do; relationships matter to us.
Reporting to the US Release Manager, the desired candidate will have
experience and understanding of the clearance and release processes for ocean
and air shipments into the US. The individual must have working knowledge of US
Customs import regulations, tariff classification and participating government
agency requirements. Excellent client service skills are essential.
- Handle import shipments and Customs clearance for air and ocean cargo in
a timely manner.
- Handle review of documents necessary for Customs clearance and other
government agency release.
- Submit ISF for all ocean entries.
- Key and transmit entry data to Customs to secure release of goods.
- Coordinate with terminals and carriers to pay charges due.
- Communicate by phone and e-mail with clients to keep them current on
shipment status and obtain needed information.
- Coach & mentor release analysts.
- Deliver and create each client or associate experience of CARE with
- Maintain good relationships with clients, carriers, Customs and PGA’s.
- Create and monitor entry status reports.
- Leverage technology to provide lean and efficient job practices.
- Required Skills:
- Knowledge and experience of Import entry process
- Experience with international transportation and freight forwarding
- Proficient in general Microsoft applications including Word, Excel &
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Planning, prioritizing and execution skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to delegate and coordinate the disbursement of work load.
- Completion of Grade 12 Education
- Valid Customs Broker Professional License - Mandatory
- Completion of CCS Designation - Preferred
- 5 + years of experience in progressively senior Customs roles
- 5+ years of experience within US Customs import brokerage operations,
Customs compliance, HS tariff classification, FTAs & PGAs
- Broad knowledge of Customs and programs relating to US imports
How to Apply:
For more information regarding GHY International and to apply for this
position please refer to our website at
or apply by submitting a Cover Letter and Resume to
email@example.com for consideration.
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php