Manager Global Trade Compliance
Location: Foster City, CA
With the commitment and drive you bring tthe Pharmaceutical Development &
Manufacturing (PDM) workplace, you will be part of a team that is changing the
world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. You
will see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual
matters, and everyone has a chance tenhance their skills through on-going
development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are
benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug
candidates, and unmatched patient access programs tensure medications are
available tthose whcould otherwise not afford them. By joining PDM at Gilead,
you will further our mission taddress unmet medical needs and improve life by
advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
The Manager of Global Trade Compliance will be directly responsible for
strategic planning and decision making, overseeing and managing day-to-day
operations and providing guidance and support tregional managers. He/she must
have extensive knowledge in all aspects relating tGlobal Trade Compliance,
including; tariff classification, customs valuation and origin. While not
essential, experience working in the pharmaceutical or life sciences industry
would be advantageous. In addition, he/she must have extensive knowledge of duty
programs and have experience creating and implementing a Global Trade Compliance
- Create, implement and manage the Gilead Global Trade Compliance
- Develop, implement and manage all Global Trade Compliance requirements,
including establishing and managing projects and process developments that
address all global compliance requirements.
- Establish corporate customs and trade policies and procedures and guide
the strategy with regard tglobal customs planning and compliance within
- Collaborate and align with relevant functions e.g. IT, supply chain,
finance, tax, logistics etc. toptimize, draft, review and implement
policies, processes and training.
- Be seen as an internal strategic partner twider Gilead business as
commercial and business decisions are being made.
- Draft, negotiate and advise on international trade provisions of
contracts and Incoterms for international purchasing and licensing
- Manage global customs compliance risk, operate as the lead advisor on
customs compliance topics, manage C-TPAT, AE(and other related
certifications) and drive duty optimization activities.
- In collaboration with key Gilead stakeholders, manage global trade
compliance risk and performance, ensure that all required processes and
procedures are in place toffer scalable, sustainable and compliant
- Provide best in class, high performance recommendations tmanage and
improve Global Trade Compliance; work with internal and external Gilead
stakeholders tgain approval and implement recommendations, including
providing guidance and support tregional managers.
- Responsible for developing and deploying all Internal Compliance Audits
as well as managing all external Global Customs audits and requests for
information and correspondence with Global Customs Authorities.
- Develop technology solutions that adequately support the Gilead
Global Trade Compliance function and add value tthe wider business.
- Responsible for overseeing audits from customs authorities.
- Oversee network of Gilead customs brokers including effective management
of performance and costs.
- All other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 8+ years of relevant experience in related field and a Bachelorís Degree
with emphasis in International Trade, Business Administration, Finance or
- 6+ years of relevant experience and a MA/MBA with emphasis in
International Trade, Business Administration, Finance or Customs.
- Minimum 7+ years of experience:
- Implementing, managing, and collaborating on trade compliance programs.
- Conducting risk assessments and evaluating effectiveness of internal
controls for global trade.
- Identifying compliance gaps and recommending process improvements for
global supply chain.
- Known for communicating effectively with compliance management and
business leaders and teams, including excellent written and oral
- Ability tlead and supervise the work of a team utilizing strong
- Ability tinfluence internal and external partners without direct
authority utilizing excellent collaboration skills.
- Steward for embedding import / export compliance goals and objectives
within business processes for optimal results.
- Strong technical knowledge of customs laws and regulations.
- Reputation for providing sound oversight, advice, and counsel on import
/ export compliance issues.
- Self-Motivated / Ability twork with limited supervision
- Ability twork as part of cross functional teams
- Working knowledge of Oracle is an advantage
- 5+ years working in the pharmaceutical industry.
- 5+ years managing people.
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career
at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community:
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that
discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet
medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we
seek timprove the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around
the world. Gileadís therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases,
cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php