Senior Global Trade Compliance Specialist
Requisition Number: 17-0166
Shift/Hours: First Shift (Days)
The Senior Trade Compliance Analyst, reporting to the Sr. Manager, Global
Trade Compliance, supports the Customs clearance and movement of goods into
Callaway’s Foreign Trade Zones, the U.S., and global locations. Responsible for
the research and assignment of applicable harmonized tariff codes for product
imported and exported. The incumbent also works independently to obtain and
distill financial, distribution, logistics, and Customs clearance documentation
to support special trade programs and audit. Communicates with government
agencies to include Customs and Border Protection, to ensure Callaway’s trade
programs and required submissions are in compliance with applicable regulations.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze products and shipments to determine Free Trade Agreement
- Obtains information from internal and external sources to complete value
and NAFTA reconciliations and post entry NAFTA claims
- Preparation and timely filing of claims and reconciliations through
broker or Customs ACE system.
- Audit of supplier documentation to confirm eligibility for special
- Maintains global HTS classification database. Researches prior rulings
in Customs online system (CROSS) for applicable prior rulings for similar
merchandise. Using knowledge of the General Rules of Interpretation and the
Harmonized Tariff Schedule, independently assigns proper classifications to
goods entered into the U.S. and proper ECCN for items exported out of the
- Directs broker to provide Customs clearance, providing classifications
and other information necessary to complete Customs entry and delivery.
- Monitor broker compliance and adherence to Callaway’s procedures and
- Ensures documentation is maintained in accordance to Customs and Border
Protection’s recordkeeping regulations.
- Provides support for export documentation for the movement of products
from Foreign Trade Zones and warehouses to foreign locations.
- Obtain information and documentation from internal and external sources
to support trade programs and audit.
- Communicates with government agencies, to include Customs and Border
Protection, to resolve issues and to ensure claims and entries are accepted
- Updates internal procedure manual as required due to changes within the
Callaway organization or government regulations.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Advanced proficiency in SAP.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel,
Word, and Outlook. PowerPoint and Access preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience using Customs ACE system and ruling database
- Experience using external trade compliance software and/or Customs
- Training related to assignment of HTS and ECCN classifications
- Ability to interpret and apply government regulations applicable to the
import and export of goods
- Ability to transform large volumes of data into easily understood
reports and formats.
- Strong analytical as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented, with the ability to work independently to resolve
problems and deliver required results with little supervision.
- Willing to take additional levels of responsibility as required.
- Able to work extended hours or weekends depending on project needs and
- Solid knowledge of trade compliance, accounting, logistics and related
- Strong knowledge of US Harmonized Tariff System and US Customs
regulations preferred with ability to interpret and apply government
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in
related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 year previous experience working in
- Foreign Trade Zone, Trade Compliance, Customs Brokerage, Logistics
and/or Inventory experience required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT (if applicable)
- Work is performed in a designated professional office workstation and
- Extensive use of office equipment to include computer, calculator,
copier, fax, and other business related machines and software.
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php