Trade Compliance Operations Manager
Location: Pomona, CA
Salary: $90,000 - $125,000
Job Type: Direct Hire
Develop and implement policies and processes on import trade compliance to
ensure compliance with US import regulations including classification, valuation
including assists, quantity, origin declarations, Free Trade Agreements.
Responsible for driving import compliance process improvements.
Conduct internal audit assessments.
- Develop, implement and maintain customs compliance policies, procedures
- Set strategy for import programs that minimize duty and reduce importing
costs, develop and implement Duty Drawback processes.
- Continuously study and upgrade global trade compliance business
knowledge and translate into actionable business recommendations and
- Determine proper tariff classifications, valuation, and country of
origin/marking of imported merchandise, as well as evaluate tariff
preference program and free trade status of the same, such as Chapter 98,
NAFTA, and other free trade agreements.
- Develop and implement standard work for all required record-keeping.
Directly manage record-keeping pertaining to the Operations function, and
coordinate with the Finance function with respect to financial records
(invoices, payment confirmations, etc.).
- Keep current on regulatory changes, interpret the impact and distribute
to appropriate personnel.
- Serve as primary interface with U.S. government regulatory agencies on
import related issues.
- Provide orientation and training of employees.
- Conduct periodic import self-assessments and implement any necessary
- Analyze and interpret requirements for import compliance as they relate
to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, and other applicable government
agency rules and regulations.
- Provide guidance to management and resolve matters pertaining to import
transactions and International Trade Sanctions to ensure compliance with all
applicable U.S. laws and regulations.
- Consult with General Counsel as needed to resolve difficult legal
Education and Experience:
- BA degree and a minimum of 5 - 7 years import administration or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. trade laws and regulations of U.S. Customs
and Border Protection, C-TPAT and other CBP security initiatives. In-depth
knowledge of HTS classification, import valuations, assists and special
- Ability to influence across the company and to interact with persons at
- Able to effectively multitask many responsibilities, solve problems and
implement decisions effectively, involving the right people in the process.
- Detail-oriented. Willing and able to personally handle the standard work
of the import compliance function.
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office applications (e.g.,
Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Strong project management leadership skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to set and accomplish
- Minimal domestic travel is required.
Gateway Recruiting, INC – www.GatewayRecruiting.com –
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php