Senior Manager Licensing and Export Controls
Location: European Union, United Kingdom
Job TypeDirect Hire
Senior Manager Export Licensing is responsible for the global licensing
and classification of client’s export activities. Leader will ensure company
follows all export laws, regulations and controls globally. This position will
serve as in-house expert and technical resource for all export licensing matters
related to international trade export, import/customs, and other related
regulations involving global trade, and will provide strategic, operational and
transactional level support, direction and guidance for all matters involving
International trade. Employee will be an expert in all ITAR/EAR Licensing and
act as a subject matter expert to the organization. This position will focus
heavily on EU manufacturing and distribution of product in the
defense/aerospace/tactical sector. Provide support, direction, guidance for all
regulatory licensing and classification issues.
- Interact with EU, US and Foreign government agencies.
- Determines in collaboration with business leadership, and implements
internal policy, process and procedures for licensing and classification.
- Develop and mentor staff EU Licensing staff.
- Work cross-functionally across company to ensure processes and
procedures are followed from a compliance stand-point.
- Act as Subject matter expert in EU export regulations and controls.
- Lead developing training materials and conduct training sessions for
different targeted audiences (technical training for Regulatory Compliance
team, Regulatory Compliance Leaders, Commercial Awareness training for
- Perform internal audits, self-assessments and reviews of various
internal operations to ensure compliance with import and export regulations
- The person will be in charge of all ITAR and EAR licensing and will
manage the licensing analysts making license requests.
- Will be responsible for licensing application quality control and
license submission to support business objectives.
- Will interface with State and Commerce licensing personnel and with
business leaders with respect to export licensing issues
- Proactive approach to licensing and compliance and capable of
collaboration with other trade control personnel and understanding of
compliance and consent agreements
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct licensing and classification process for wide array of products.
- Participate in all aspect of government inquires, should they arise.
- Help develop and lead robust licensing organization on the Export side
for high technology, dual-use products.
- Train and Educate Export Licensing staff to provide best practices
- Provide Export Compliance and operational support and management of key
corporate wide, regional and local projects/strategic initiatives
- Conduct proactive export compliance self-assessments and audits of
external compliance service providers.
- Monitor changes in relevant governmental trade regulations and
legislation; recommend changes to Corporate Policy, process and procedures.
- Generating, maintaining and monitoring U.S. and EU Government
export/import licenses, agreements, permits, certifications, technology
release authorizations, commodity jurisdiction determinations. Assist
in implementation of company procedures and instructions to support
compliance with European Union and foreign Governments export/import
regulations and company policy.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
- Expert knowledge in areas dealing with export controls
- Expert in Export Licensing in EU, US and Abroad.
- Strong experience in Categories 5,6,7 and 12.
- Experience with dual use products and defense products globally .
- Previous experience in dealing with and satisfying government
inquires highly desired.
- Able to keep abreast of current and proposed global legislation
affecting import and export activities for the region and be able to develop
- Able to interact positively and communicate at various levels
within the organization and externally.
- Able to develop and implement key strategies and goals.
- Able to manage a global team and mentor staff.
- Able to think strategically and tactically.
- Able to identify areas of risk/concern in area of responsibility.
- Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced
with high workloads and deadlines
- Able to make sound and timely business decisions.
- Able to apply accurate business knowledge in identifying and
- Ability to work independently and self-directed
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Strong team player. Proven leader with ability to foster
partnerships cross functionally
- Possesses strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead,
create new ideas, and be assertive.
- Able to serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex
problems and issues.
- University degree plus minimum 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Advanced degree and certification preferred.
- Significant experience dealing with Export License Issues in the
- Management Experience. Leading a team.
- Experience in High Technology, Defense, Aerospace
- Export Compliance certification preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar capacity for a high tech/defense
firm with large volumes and licensing agreements.
- Strong leadership skills required. Extensive experience with U.S.
Customs Regulations, U.S. Export
- Regulations (EAR) and Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR), OFAC, etc.;
Canada Border Services Agency; EU, etc.
- Strong track record of career advancement and stability
Gateway Recruiting, INC –
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php