Senior Trade Compliance Specialist (Trade Compliance Specialist III)
Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Works on projects and tasks that are local and regional in scope and
impact with significant complexity.
- Exercises significant judgement with latitude to propose and implement
improvements in the Trade Compliance policies and processes.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Works independently on most tasks and uses judgement regarding when to
seek direction or advice.
- Performs complex work with medium to high impact with little to no
- May lead other Trade Compliance Specialists.
- Same as previous level, plus:
- Recommends, supports and implements scalable practices for the future of
the organization to further enhance business measurements using statistical
based analysis to drive data based conclusions.
- Provides necessary compliance training to operational personnel.
- Provides recommendations and implements improvements to trade compliance
- Identifies and documents business risks.
- Expertise in multiple areas of import and export laws such as HTS
Classification, Country of Origin, Free Trade Agreements, Customs Valuation.
- Measures regulatory compliance of customs brokerage transactions
processed by auditing transactions.
- Responsible for all compliance aspect of the business unit within a
- Directly responsible for taking corrective action when there are issues
- Responsible for analyzing and interpreting export and import regulations
and provide risk assessment and advice related to business activities.
- Identify and develop business processes to address compliance risks
- Maintains awareness of industry and market trends through ongoing
- Bachelorís degree or equivalent in International Business, Business
Administration, Business Information or related discipline.
- 7+ years database management experience.
- 7+ years in a dynamic Global Trade environment.
- Experience working in bio-pharma, medical or life science related
- Knowledge of trade compliance regulations in more than one country
- Advanced quantitative skills with proficiency in data analysis (SAP/MS
Access) modeling (MS Excel) and presenting (MS PowerPoint).
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and tools such as PowerBI.
- Expert knowledgeable about how to qualify items under various Free Trade
agreements, Customs Reconciliation & Duty Reductions Programs.
- Advanced knowledge of US Customs Harmonized Tariff Schedule, Government
Agency, Import/Export regulations (i.e. CBP, Census, BIS, EAR, OFAC).
- Strong skills in product classification-ECCN and Harmonized Tariff
- Demonstrated experience in working in cross functional teams driving,
developing and implementing Customs related procedures and work
- Ability to explain and teach new data models and functions.
- Customs Broker license or equivalent certifications preferred
Requisition ID 2018-8159
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php