Trade Compliance Manager
Company: Bi-Rad Laboratories
Location: BAY AREA-Hercules
The Trade Compliance Manager is responsible for ensuring the import or export
of products and materials complies with the regulations within a region. This
includes assisting in the deployment of regional and/or localized trade
compliance procedures and guidelines that will assure compliance with import and
export regulations, executing audit and risk assessment programs including
corrective action plans and providing leadership in strategic projects that
affect the supply chain to ensure proper/advantageous structuring of
In addition to developing and ensuring process adherence, the role will act
as a key knowledge point for all trade compliance issues and take a lead in the
training and development of key stakeholders.
- Maintains and evaluates the regionís compliance status with various
regulatory bodies including customs, export control and applicable tax
- Ensuring proper documentation and procedures are maintained in
accordance with regulations.
- Reviews internal controls, develops processes, administers the
compliance audit program, and oversees corrective action plans for the
- Identifies compliance gaps and recommends process improvements.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining localized policies and
procedures for compliance with import and export regulations as well as
ensuring broad Company awareness of these requirements.
- Identifies and develops business processes to address compliance risks,
with a focus on continuous process improvements to increase efficiency and
improve performance to customers.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting KPIs and metrics to senior
management and daily reporting of import and export compliance for the
- Sets overall budget, operational strategy and priorities for assigned
area of responsibility.
- Prioritizes and manages projects in the region for both import and
export compliance which involves defining the project scope, budget,
scheduling and execution of project risk.
- Bachelorís or advanced degree in International Business, Business
Administration or Supply Chain management.
- 10+ years overall trade compliance experience.
- 5+ years experience with trade compliance for multiple countries or in a
- 8+ years working in bio-pharma, medical/diagnostics or life science
- 5+ years management experience.
- Experience with global trade management software and systems.
- Expert knowledge of import and export regulations across the region.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with implementation and scaling of trade automation tools
including but not limited to SAP-GTS.
- Expert working knowledge of Import Licensing, Export Licensing, Free
Trade Agreements, HTS and Export Control Classification, Country of Origin,
Valuation, Transfer Pricing, Authorized Economic Operator, Customs Trade
Partnership Against Terrorism, Approved Exporter, Health registration
Agencies, including but not limited to the U.S. Food and Drug
- Department of Agriculture and other related Export and Import
regulations within a region and countries.
- Experience writing and submitting binding rules.
- Experience with audits and disclosure practices.
- Experience working in the Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, Life Sciences
or Diagnostic industry highly preferred
- Multi-lingual in the regions responsible for with strong English verbal
and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, communication and people management
- A proven record of designing and implementing value added import/export
policies and processes.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal
skills at all levels in the organization.
- Results orientation and strong sense of accountability.
- Customs Broker License highly preferred.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics
and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and
a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live
longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the
healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science
researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain
faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized
by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless
authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php