Global Trade Compliance Program Manager
Company Name Amazon Web Services
Company Location Palo Alto, CA, US
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a capable Global Trade Services
Program Manager to support our business on a broad range of global import and
export compliance matters. You will interact with Development/Engineering
Services, Operations, Procurement, Supply Chain, Legal, Tax, and other internal
businesses and external stakeholders to drive trade compliance. The position is
located in Seattle and will report directly to the Senior Manager of Global
Trade and Product Compliance (GP&TC).
AWS is at the forefront of providing a broad set of global cloud-based
services including compute, storage , databases , networking , and enterprise
applications, to help organizations move faster, lower IT costs, and scale. This
is a dynamic business within Amazon.com, and one of the world’s fastest growing
and evolving companies, with a team of exceptionally talented, bright and driven
people. GT&PC is responsible for ensuring that the infrastructure equipment
necessary to support the AWS services are imported/exported compliantly across
the multiple countries where AWS operates and will expand.
- Coordinate end-to-end global import and export controls for AWS trade
operations to ensure compliance with all US and foreign regulations in the
conduct of international business activities.
- Effectively evaluate transactions for compliance requirements relating
to use of information security/encryption technology as AWS business expands
- Set up effective import/export processes and controls and drive trade
compliance solutions that maximize global import/export efficiency
- Seek automation opportunities and leverage technologies to drive
compliance with global trade regulations.
- Monitor global import/export regulatory and procedural change and
clearly communicate those guidelines to stakeholders.
- Analyze trends related to import/export processing and documentation to
identify process improvements.
- Interface with cross functional groups to identify and rectify
information any information/process gaps during the export/import process
- Generate and contribute to performance metrics for all related activity
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- 6+ years of direct experience with import/export compliance
- 3+ years experience commensurate with extensive knowledge of handling
imports and/or exports in accordance with foreign government regulations.
- 3+ years experience in analyzing business problems using different tools
(such as Microsoft Office, and statistical analysis)
- 1-2 years experience leveraging technology to drive process
- Masters Degree is a plus, but not required
- US Customs Brokerage License a plus, but not required
- Global logistics or supply chain experience
- Experience using data driven process improvement tools and metrics
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment.
- Demonstrated exercise of sound judgment in uncertain situations.
- Be able to prioritize activities with changing timelines.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
Apply for this job online
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php