Classification Specialist - Contract to Permanent
Location: Houston, TX
Hourly: $30.00 - $40.00
Job Type: Contract
With our proprietary technologies and production systems, integrated
expertise, and comprehensive solutions, we are transforming our clients’ project
economics. We are uniquely positioned to deliver greater efficiency across
project lifecycles from concept to project delivery and beyond. Through
innovative technologies and improved efficiencies, our offering unlocks new
possibilities for our clients in developing their oil and gas resources. Each of
our 44,000 employees is driven by a steady commitment to clients and a culture
of purposeful innovation, challenging industry conventions, and rethinking how
the best results are achieved.
- This position is part of the Corporate Compliance Team and supports the
business by providing import/export classification guidance.
- Research and determine the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) and Export
Control Number (ECCN) classification for the applicable jurisdiction for
equipment, materials and other items.
- Apply regulatory, judicial, international and/or local Customs’
decisions/views to products being classified.
- Maintain appropriate recordkeeping to support classification
- Determine other government agency requirements applicable to the
- Document classification and other government agency determinations to
ensure adequate defense for any requests to justify classification from
customers, suppliers, or customs.
- Communicate classification decisions to key stakeholders, including
other members of the Compliance Team, Sales, project managers, and
- Conduct new product reviews, including classification and other
government agencies regulations
- Train other employees, including members of the Compliance Team, as well
as crossfunctional departments, on classification and regulation issues.
- Interface with Engineering and Program Managers to understand technical
characteristics and how that impacts export classifications.
- Initiate, coordinate, and lead team projects to include cross functional
- Engage with product teams to understand changing product lines and
business models and develops corresponding processes to ensure compliance
with applicable export requirements
- Provide guidance to employees concerning the requirements and
obligations of proper classification of goods.
- Additional duties based on business need
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Three (3) years minimum classification experience
- Must have strong experience in import classification, in depth
understanding and command of U.S. Harmonized Tariff Schedule, GRIs,
Explanatory Notes, CROSS
- Experience in classification using other countries HTS is desirable
- Must have strong experience in export classification, in depth
understanding and command of the EAR, Commerce Control List, Country List,
- Must possess strong organizational, team and communication skills to
work independently and take initiative to address issues.
- Ability to read and understand technical specs and drawings
- Ability to determine potential export licensing requirements based on
- Familiarity with US Schedule B
- Must be excel proficient (including creating/running formulas)
- Must have strong critical thinking skills to apply proper rigor to
decisions, including when to seek third-party review or guidance
- Prior classification experience in the oil/gas industry is preferred
- SAP experience is preferred
- Spends 90% of time in office. Some Travel as necessary.
- Frequent sitting and operating a computer. Fast paced atmosphere with
multiple priorities and constant change. Some travel due to role.
Gateway Recruiting, INC –
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php