Export Compliance Manager
The selected candidate will fill an Empowered Official role within a dynamic
Trade Compliance organization. This individual will be expected to fill a formal
senior leadership role in order to achieve compliance program goals across the U.S. and
various global export/import control regimes.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assure that transactions comply with government export control
regulations and internal procedures for technical data, foreign
travel, foreign visits, and export shipments.
- Obtain, maintain, and monitor applicable export authorizations (ITAR
agreements and amendments, EAR licenses, exemptions/exceptions).
- Interact regularly with and provide regularly and operational support
and guidance on export control compliance matters to internal stakeholders.
- Design, develop, and implement standard work related to compliance with
U.S. and foreign export control laws and regulations.
- Coordinate and administer denied party screening activities and exports.
- Engage with U.S. and foreign government officials on efforts related to
export controls compliance.
- Develop and deliver presentations, including export general awareness
training, program/function specific export training to audiences of varying
Serves as company’s Empowered Official.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement advanced export control
policies, procedures, and instructions.
- Experience writing, maintaining, and monitoring ITAR Agreements and EAR
- Working knowledge of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
(ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and Foreign Trade
- Proficient in commodity jurisdiction and classification determinations
and making determinations regarding applicability of exemptions and
- Ability to think strategically in order to achieve near- and long-term
compliance program goals.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills,
including the ability to advocate company positions to U.S. and foreign
government agencies and to positively interact across levels throughout the
- Familiarity in foreign export/import control regimes (e.g., Canadian
Controlled Goods Program, Australia Export Control Act, U.K. Export Control
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php