Trade Compliance Manager
REFERENCE CODE: NOB001532
REPORTS TO: Global Trade Compliance Manager
LOCATION: Yorba Linda, CA
The Trade Compliance Manager provides operational support for all shipments
imported into or exported out of the United States. He/She will support the
global trade compliance organization to ensure standard work is in place. As a
subject matter expert in local customs, free trade agreements and export control
regulations, the role will ensure adherence with regulatory requirements.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely and respond, as appropriate, to questions from sales,
production, procurement and logistics related to import and export trade
compliance matters, and review all documentation ensuring import/export
entry elements are declared properly and duties and taxes are properly
- Ensure adherence with US customs and export control regulations,
import/export licensing requirements and applicable free trade agreements
(FTA). Track local regulatory changes and assess possible opportunities or
threats to our products, processes and procedures and escalate accordingly
to global trade compliance and impacted departments.
- Develop work instructions and maintain local SOPs and for United States
imports and exports to ensure compliance with local regulations and Danaher
Corporate and OpCo policies.
- Ensure accurate HTS, Schedule B, ECCN and origin classifications for all
fabricated and purchased parts.
- Maintain an Item Master List including HTS, Schedule B, country of
origin, classifications, and capture OGA requirements (FCC, USDA, TSCA, EPA,
etc) for all parts.
- Assist as required, to apply for all import and/or export licenses, CBP
rulings, and formal ECCN classification requests to BIS including
maintaining logs of them.
- Assist customs brokers during the clearance process by providing them
with all necessary data and documentation to comply with import/export
regulations and free trade agreements, including but not limited to: HTS,
Schedule B, ECCN, FDA, USDA, Values, certificates of origin, USPPI, FPPI,
- Ensure that export and routed transactions are filed correctly in AES.
Identify, collect, and analyze causes of import delays and other compliance
issues and gaps in the Trade Operations Program, using appropriate problem
solving process analysis to drive changes.
- Perform Post Entry Reviews of accuracy of import/export declarations and
submit results to customs brokers for correction where applicable. Report
substantial findings to managing Directors.
- Prepare transfer pricing reconciliation reports and instruct customs
brokers on post entry amendments.
- Assists Global Trade Compliance to respond audits and requirements from
US Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Bureau of Industry and Security
(BIS) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
- Ensure compliance with Special Trade Programs such as Chapter 98 HTSUS,
and that required declarations and data are available at time of
import/export and record kept. Capture, monitor and control import/export
metrics (KPI’s) for management reviews.
- Ensure archiving and record keeping of import/export related
documentation as per local requirements.
- Provide general awareness training to business functions on Customs and
Export Control. Maintain logs for imports and exports.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Liaise with other OPCOs compliance managers for Dental platform.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field required.
- 5+ years import/export experience required.
- Strong functional knowledge in Export Administration Regulations (EAR),
U.S. Food & Drog Administration (FDA) import processing and other Partner
Government Agencies (PGA) and U.S. Customs regulations, International
Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and recordkeeping requirements.
- Fully familiarized with US trade compliance including, but not limited
to, HST-Code, Country of Origin determination and marking, valuation, denied
parties, embargoed countries, anti- boycott compliance.
- Operating in Healthcare or MedTech industry trade and GxP /GMP business
environment is a strong asset.
- Training skills to conduct annual export/import compliance training.
- Licensed customs broker (preferred).
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks in a pressurized
environment and work to tight deadlines.
- Strong problem solving skills and intellectual curiosity to learn and
- Comfortable working alone, in teams and in cross-collaborative efforts
to support business objectives.
- Self-motivated and possess strong project management skills.
- Possess working knowledge of IT tools Document management systems, and
MS office applications.
- Excellent communication skills and able to independently work within a
Nobel Biocare is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender,
age, marital status, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic
protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment
substance abuse testing.
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php