Import Operations Senior Specialist
The Trade Compliance Sr. Specialist will support import operations into the
US and Canada; executing both high level and hands-on duties to ensure swift and
compliant movement of goods. All such duties must be compliant with both US and
Canadian customs requirements as well as the client’s Global Trade Policy.
- Manage operations of and relationships with US and CA customs brokers
via monthly meetings, QBRs, and broker scorecard.
- Serve as escalation point for distressed import shipments into US and
CA. Follow up each shipment with root cause analysis and establish
- Lead the planning and execution of strategic initiatives while being an
effective team player in cross-functional projects.
- Support ad hoc shipments including carnets, special events, etc.
- Oversee post-entry compliance procedures (track and ensure timely
execution of self-corrections, CF28, CF29, etc.)
- Liaise with Product Compliance on data requirements for Partner
- Maintain global verification of broker anti-corruption certifications.
- Ongoing data collection / verification to ensure master entry detail
database is complete and accurate.
- Create and/or maintain Standard Operating Procedures for external
service providers (setting clear expectations) and internal activities
(ensuring streamlined repeatable processes).
- 5+ years import trade compliance experience
- 4-year degree in business or related field
- Knowledge of US and CA entry procedures and requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- In-depth experience using Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and Outlook
- Strong problem solving skills
- Preferred Qualifications:
- US Customs Broker License
Gateway Recruiting, INC.
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php