Vice President Supply Chain- Health Systems
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Direct Hire
The Vice President, Supply Chain is responsible for managing all crucial
aspects of the supply chain processes in the company. Responsible for overseeing
correct functioning of supply chain processes and striving to minimize use of
company resources while maximizing profitability
- Works with Materials Management Supervisory Team and management to
ensure continuity of customer relationships and profitability. Ensures that
the supply chain, which is managed at the facilities, is integrated, where
appropriate, into the operation of the supporting area.
- Achieves realistic/obtainable short and long-range goals that are in
agreement with and support the strategic goals set through strategic plans.
- Implements strategic plans with the supply chain department and
management. Participates in designing and advising on the development of
programs and processes.
- Tracks and reports specific performance indicators to monitor the
success of the engagement; identifies issues and resolves obstacles to
- Provides guidance and general direction to the employees who perform
on-site business functions so they provide an accurate, timely, efficient
and effective operation of the various patient support service departments
including formulating all operating policies/procedures to support patient
care, developing succession plans, and developing and implementing emergency
plans for all contingencies
- Supports Best Practices by communicating and sharing of policies and
- Directly supervises the performance of the Materials Management
Supervisory Team, including hiring, firing, disciplining,
training/development and performance reviews. Coordinates this function with
the appropriate facility management for employees of the facility that they
- Responsible for budget formulation and approval of all expenditures.
Prepares/administers operational and capital expenditure budgets for the
department, incorporating long/short term goals and forecasting personnel
and equipment needs. Monitors individual department unit expenditures to
assure fiscal responsibility and accountability.
- Working in coordination with facility management, ensures compliance
with standards of accreditation and regulatory bodies and commissions, in
relationship to supply management.
- Administers/monitors approved accounting practices to ensure financial
and operating reports accurately reflect the condition of the business and
provide reliable information necessary to control operations.
- Ensures all practices and procedures comply with audit requirements and
meet operational standards.
- Perform inventory management, manage transportation costs, and make
decisions on distribution methods.
- Develop strong business relationships with vendors and find innovative
solutions to supply chain issues.
- Ensures safe care to patients, adhering to policies, procedures, and
standards within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply
management, productivity, and accuracy of practice
- Performs other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, business administration,
logistics, or a related field is required. Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience with purchasing, expediting, quality/continuous improvement
- Minimum of eight years’ experience in health care supply chain management
- Communication skills - able to communicate in a clear, articulate, and
professional manner on a daily basis to solve problems as these arise.
- Interpersonal and Customer Relations skills – able to maintain a professional
and courteous attitude with employees and third party individuals at all times.
- Planning/Organizational skills - able to prioritize work activities, use time
efficiently and work through projects in a self-motivated manner.
- Adaptability – able to adapt to rapid changes in the work environment, manage
competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected
- Problem-solving skills – able to identify and resolve problems in a timely
manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; able to apply independent
judgment on a regular basis in making decisions.
- Time Management skills – able to use time effectively in a semi-supervised
fashion, pursuing other activities when regular duties have reduced in volume;
able to complete projects in a timely manner. Will work with occasional
supervision over repetitive tasks. New duties or project type tasks may receive
“strict” or “direct” supervision, depending upon the nature of the task(s).
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php