Supply Chain Director - Health Systems
Location: Houston, TX
Salary: $125,000 - $160,000
Job Type: Direct Hire
*** Must have Direct Hospital experience
- The Supply Chain Director is in charge of every aspect of the company’s
producing, purchasing, transporting, distribution, warehousing and financial
forecasting activities. They modify existing procedures, to minimize costs,
increase accuracy, improve customer service or safety and meet product
distribution needs. The manager also controls the moving, storing and
processing of all inventory
- Review or update supply chain practices in accordance with new or
changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
- Develop material costs forecasts or standard cost lists.
- Assess appropriate material handling equipment needs and staffing levels
to load, unload, move, or store materials.
- Appraise vendor manufacturing ability through on-site visits and
measurements, terms with suppliers, vendors or freight forwarders.
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and
- Monitor forecasts and quotas to identify changes or to determine their
effect on supply chain activities.
- Meet with suppliers to discuss performance metrics, to provide
performance feedback or to discuss production forecasts or changes.
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as procurement and quality
assurance, to identify or qualify new suppliers.
- Document physical supply chain processes, such as workflows, cycle
times, position responsibilities, or system flows.
- Design or implement warehousing strategies for production materials or
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce
waste, or optimize customer service.
- Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material
requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing or receiving.
- Design, implement, or oversee product take back or reverse logistics
programs to ensure products are recycled, reused, or responsibly disposed.
- Review quotes and forecasts to ensure changes won’t negatively impact
their operations, such as material prices skyrocketing.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management or related field
- 6+ years of relative experience
- Experience in the interpretation and application of generally accepted
- Communication skills - able to communicate in a clear, articulate, and
professional manner on a daily basis to solve problems as these arise
- Interpersonal and Customer Relations skills – able to maintain a
professional and courteous attitude with employees and third party
individuals at all times.
- Planning/Organizational skills - able to prioritize work activities, use
time efficiently and work through projects in a self-motivated manner.
- Adaptability – able to adapt to rapid changes in the work environment,
manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or
- Problem-solving skills – able to identify and resolve problems in a
timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; able to apply
independent judgment on a regular basis in making decisions
- Time Management skills – able to use time effectively in an unsupervised
fashion, pursuing other activities when regular duties have reduced in
volume; able to complete projects in a timely manner. Will work with
occasional supervision over repetitive tasks. New duties or project type
tasks may receive “strict” or “direct” supervision, depending upon the
nature of the task(s).
- Computer skills- able to use word processing, spreadsheet, and marketing
- Technical skills- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-pace,
high-pressure environment; Good judgment in handling difficult situations;
Self-directed and able to manage major projects without supervision;
Professional attitude and ability to relate to executive management,
professionals and business and community leaders
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php