Import/ Export Administrator
Location: Lincoln, NE
Job Type: Direct Hire
The Import/ Export Administrator manages and maintains a comprehensive import
and export compliance program. Supports and contributes to the strategic
development of business by building
and proactively managing a strong import and export compliance program per
- Responsible for ensuring effective import and export compliance in
accordance with U.S. import and U.S. export laws and regulations and
corporate import and export compliance policies and procedures.
- Ensure and support appropriate management accountability and
responsibility for import and export compliance.
- Develop, implement, enhance and maintain trade compliance management
systems, policies, and department procedures and work instructions,
including ITAR and EAR classification and jurisdiction; licensing and
administration; denied party, proliferation and diversion screening;
technology transfers; deemed exports; anti-boycott reporting; recordkeeping;
audits and training.
- Determination of trade data such as: Schedule B, HTS, ECCN, Country of
Origin, trade preference program qualification, product codes, import and
export record retention requirements and valuation of products.
- Prepare and submit license applications, technical assistance agreements
and other request for licenses and approvals to the State Department and
Commerce Department; administer export licensing program and ensure
compliance with conditions and reporting requirements. Secure import
licenses as required.
- Conduct licensing reviews for technology transfers, including marketing
materials, proposals and engineering data; develop and maintain technology
transfer programs in accordance with regulatory and license requirements.]
- Work with internal and external customers/vendors, freight
forwarders/customs brokers, government agencies and other functional areas
to ensure compliance of imports and exports
- Act as export compliance liaison to sales representatives, distributors,
customers and other third parties, as required.
- Conduct regular import and export compliance training for senior
management, engineers, scientists, purchasing, receiving, shipping, sales
and marketing and other functions involved in importing and exporting
hardware and/or technology.
- Conduct periodic audits and self-audits and implement corrective action,
- Assist Corporate Legal- Trade Compliance Office with investigations of
any incidences of purported non-compliance with import and export laws and
- Keep abreast of changes in trade regulations to ensure company
- Participates actively on the quality process including project team
involvement, problem solving, corrective and/or preventive actions, and
recommending solutions to enhance and improve the quality of departmental
and/or company-wide business activities.
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary by Management.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three to five
years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- 3-5 years in a role involving the following: Import/Export
Administration, Logistics Management, International Trade, Customs Broker
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and
analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well
in group problem solving situations.
- Develops project plans; Communicates changes and progress.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to meet needs;
Presents numerical data effectively.
- Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes
effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance. Understands
business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability;
- Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and
revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and
values; Benefits organization through outside activities.
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php