Senior Trade Compliance Specialist
Location: Ft Worth, TX
Salary: $70,000 - $90,000
Job Type: Direct Hire
Degree: Bachelor of Science, Master, Juris Doctorate
Seeking a Senior Trade Compliance Specialist to join a Global Trade
Compliance Office (GTCO). This position comes with the growth opportunity. The
GTCO team is responsible for all matters related to International trade law and
regulations worldwide. The team supports all business functions with respect to
cross-border transactions, managing Customs business, export controls, and
general processes stemming from the regulatory requirements of Customs and other
- Policies, Procedures, Processes (Creation & Implementation)
- Creates processes and procedures related to International Trade
- Applies experience and advanced research skills to updating and
maintaining procedures, processes, and policies.
- Systems & Product Database Management / Trade Data Management (e.g.,
HTS, ECCN, COO)
- Analyzes and creates the process for maintaining trade compliance
elements in the item databases.
- Recommends rule improvements in Global Trade Management (GTM)
- Super user for at least one trade system / tool.
- Releases holds in GTM and serves as a super user for GTM and other trade
- Regulatory Updates & Guidance to Various Internal & External
- Researches legal regulatory requirements.
- Customs Broker Selection & Management
- Selects and manages Customs Brokers and other suppliers.
- Supports Senior Manager and Director with various tasks related to
import and export processes, including Customs Broker management,
documentation review, commodity classifications
- Regularly reviews Customs Broker performance.
- Clearance / Processes / Export Controls (Export, Import or Both)
- When necessary, prepares paperwork required for import, processes ECOs
with trade compliance attributes.
- Interacts with various levels of stakeholders to ensure full support of
- Classifies company's items in Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HS numbers)
and/or Export Controls Commodity Number.
- Validates classifications.
- Recommends and establishes policies and procedures for recordkeeping.
- Trade Compliance Audits & Investigations
- Conducts regular export and import audits, as required.
- Training (Internal & External)
- Creates courses on various topics of export and import compliance, as
required by the changes in laws and regulations.
- Communication with the Government
- Communicates with Customs and other government agencies, as required, as
coordinated with managers and within the scope expected
- Bachelorís degree and an advanced degree or consulting work experience
(at Big 5) is required (preferred focus of the advanced degree is on
Business, Finance, Communication, or Law); a Licensed Customs Broker (LCB)
credential is required in place of an advanced degree with a Bachelor's
degree in Business, Finance, Communication, or Economics.
- Certified Export Specialist (CES) or its equivalent is preferred.
- Certified Import or Customs Specialist (CIS / CCS) or its regional /
country equivalent is required
- Preferred Work Experience (years):
- A minimum of 5+ years of direct trade compliance experience, such as
regulatory work experience with import or export laws & regulations, or both
is required. At least two (2) years of continuous commodity classification
(export or import) experience is preferred.
- Key Skills and Competencies:
- Export license application experience (including commodity
classification determinations, Commodity Jurisdiction, sanctions work, etc.)
- Excellent writing skills are required.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Project Management knowledge is required.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word and Excel is required.
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php