Trade Compliance Specialist - Legal & Compliance
Santa Clara, CA
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry
knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their
customers’ experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of
business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT,
operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our
employee-focused culture and help drive our customers’ data to meaningful
- The Global Trade Compliance leadership team is responsible to ensure all
Hitachi Vantara Business programs are in full compliance with US, local and
Foreign Trade Regulations. We are looking to strengthen the global function
with the addition of a Trade Compliance Specialist
- Be a proactive and influential member of a dynamic and forward thinking
strategic global trade compliance team
- Review of Hitachi Vantara products with the product development teams to
accurately classify the products in accordance with the US and Foreign
import and export regulations.
- Cross functional collaboration with the numerous Hitachi Vantara
business teams (Hitachi Ltd Engineering and Hitachi Vantara Global
Development) for filing of Foreign Encryption registrations and
classification of hardware, software and technology.
- Collaborate and support with classification & maintenance of Global
trade attributes for all part numbers/products in Oracle
- Assist with other compliance activities and special projects as required
(including Audits, system related projects)
- Assist with trade compliance operations as required
Desired Skills and Experience
- Comprehensive understanding of US and Foreign regulations for encryption
- Knowledge of Foreign regulations for encryption.
- Experience in Export classification for hardware, software, technology
- Ability to review technical specifications / documentation and interpret
encryption uses within the product
- Knowledge of Oracle, salesforce or other related ERP software, and
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Four year degree and minimum of 5 - 8 years relevant experience
- Good written and oral communication skills
- US Customs Brokers license a plus
- A high level of integrity, professionalism and trust, particularly in
dealing with complex and sensitive matters and the ability to demonstrate
sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
- The right person will have strong interpersonal and team building
skills, the ability to work across the organization and establish working
relationships at every level.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for
employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php