Senior Trade Compliance Specialist
Company Name Arm Company Location
San Jose, CA, US
About the role
As a world leader in microprocessor design, Armís success is based on
licensing agreements with many of the biggest names in consumer electronics and
semiconductor manufacturing. The effective management of import and export
compliance is a critical activity in Armís commercial operations.
Arm is looking for a highly qualified person to take Armís trade compliance
program to the next level. The Trade Compliance Specialist will primarily
support the export classification process but will also support strategic
transactions with business partners in countries around the world. The role will
report to the Trade Compliance Manager.
This position will largely be export compliance oriented.
What will I be accountable for?
Overall, this position will have responsibility for activities involved in
export regulatory compliance including, but not limited to, ECCN product
classifications, harmonized tariff classifications where applicable, export
license applications, obtaining and reviewing end use statements for exports,
and sanctioned party list screening. More specifically
- Classify Arm products and technology in accordance with the US and
foreign export and import regulations
- Use expertise and knowledge of microprocessor, semiconductor, encryption
functionality, and emerging technologies to support classification process
and drive continuous improvement
- Liaise with Arm product development, engineering, operations, and other
stakeholders to classify products in advance of delivery landmarks and
global release schedules
- Update and maintain classification process documentation, and
classification database for recordkeeping, audit, and process improvement
- Support trade compliance operations
- Provide expertise in response to internal and external import and export
compliance questions, activities, and issues
- Assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining trade compliance
- Develop and conduct internal compliance reviews
- Ensure compliance with Armís trade compliance strategy, policy, and
- Provide training to co-workers on trade compliance -responsibilities and
- Ensure U.S. and U.K. sanctions and trade restrictions are followed by
all Arm global locations
- Conduct denied parties screenings and conduct investigations to
determine validity of potential matches
- Collect technical information and documents required to submit U.S. and
U.K. export licenses, classification determinations, and obtain renewals of
critical export license documents
- Support U.S. Deemed Export screening, preparation and submission of
deemed export licences, and management of program requirements and
- Perform import and export classification determinations of Arm products
in accordance with applicable regulations, including the U.S. EAR, and the
- Assist with other compliance activities and special projects as required
(including Audits, system related projects)
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- B.A./B.S. or other relevant degree
- 5+ years of relevant working experience in trade compliance, with focus
- Strong knowledge of Categories 3, 4, and 5 Part 2
- Comprehensive understanding of US and EU dual-use controls
- Previous experience in the semiconductor or software development
industry a plus
- Strong working knowledge of US and UK export regulations
- Expertise in data manipulation and report writing
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office and ERP tools
- Able to build and maintain relationships within a global organization to
effectively drive trade compliance at all levels
- Consistent exercise of independent judgement and discretion in matters
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Good analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately
document, report, and present findings
- Project management skills with the ability to break down complex
projects and coordinate across multiple locations and departments.
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously, as well as in a team
- Excellent social skills to interact with employees, managers and
Armģ is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our
technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries
and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related
technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to
servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the
Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more
than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property
since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are
breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers,
ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated,
creative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive,
meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we
encourage our people to share their rare contributions to Arm's success in the
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and
guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate ó and that everyone misses out when we
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it canít stop. Grow with it and own your own
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ĎI donít knowí.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php