Trade Compliance Analyst
Company: Varian Medical Systems
Location: Palo Alto, California, United States
Employment Type: Full-time
Varian seeks a trade compliance professional to facilitate the Companyís
business by assisting with the implementation and the maintenance of internal
import controls to ensure compliance with US Customs & Border Protection (CBP)
regulations, conduct SPL screening and perform export order clearance in
accordance with the US Export regulations.
The role reports into the Senior Trade Compliance Manager. A successful
candidate would be able to work cross-functionally and cross-regionally to
ensure alignment across the business and across the globe.
- Support management on the interface with business partners on import
- Support management on the interface with business units, internal and
external customers for import compliance issues.
- Assist with the implementation of regulatory requirements.
- Assist with the implementation of business processes, procedures and
tools to ensure compliance with U.S import regulations and company policies.
- Interact with customs brokers and freight forwarders to ensure complete,
accurate and compliant information is declared to Customs/Census/FDA to
minimize delays and expedite release.
- Perform post entry reviews on customs entries
- Assist the Senior Customs Compliance analysts with timely and accurate
responses to Customs inquiries per local rules and regulations.
- Perform SPL screenings under the direction of the Senior Export
- Perform order clearances under the direction of the Senior Export
Minimum Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of US Customs & Border import regulations, import customs
clearance processes and have experience dealing with other government agency
requirements (such as the FDA, EPA & US Census) at the point of importation.
- Familiarity with US export and sanctions regulations and the import or
export regulations of other countries (Europe/Asia/South America) is
- Customs operational experience for all aspects of customs/import
- Knowledge of HS classifications in the medical device context is a plus
as is knowledge of US export classifications.
- Knowledge of customs valuation, country of origin and dealing with
global import formalities, including broker oversight preferred. Knowledge
of SAP/GTS is preferred
- Proficient in utilizing business tools such as: E-mail, Microsoft Word,
Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP product and productivity software
- Typical Education and Experience:
- Bachelorís degree (or equivalent experience) and 5 years of related
experience or Masterís Degree with 3 years of related experience.
Senior Corporate Recruiter at Varian Medical Systems
Job Poster Location
Sacramento, California Area
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php