Location: Lake Bluff, IL
Buehler, a division of Illinois Tool Works, is a leading manufacturer of
scientific equipment and supplies for use in material analysis. Over the past 75
years, Buehler has established sales, manufacturing and laboratory services
located throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Comprised of world-class
products and brands, such as Wilson Hardness, Buehler continues a long history
of providing market-leading technology to support our customers in their sample
preparation and material analysis applications.
Celebrating its 100-year anniversary in 2012, ITW is a global diversified
industrial manufacturer of value-added consumables and specialty equipment with
related service businesses. The Company focuses on profitable growth with strong
returns across worldwide platforms and businesses. The businesses serve local
customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed
as well as emerging markets.
This key position organizes the storage and distribution of goods. In this
role you would ensure the right products are delivered to the right location on
time and at a good cost. You may be involved in transportation, stock control,
warehousing and monitoring the flow of goods. Understanding the whole supply
chain is important so you can coordinate it effectively and liaise with
suppliers of raw materials, manufacturers, retailers and consumers.
- Use IT systems to manage stock levels, delivery times and transport
- Use data from IT systems to evaluate performance and quality and to plan
- Allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs;
including the management of staff and responsible for performance management
and hiring of the employees within that department. Train shipping
department personnel in roles or responsibilities regarding global logistics
- Liaise and negotiate with customers and suppliers. Implement specific
customer requirements, such as internal reporting or customized
- Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection,
qualification, or performance evaluation.
- Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or
frequency. Direct distribution center operation to ensure achievement of
cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives. Communicate freight
transportation information to customers or suppliers, using transportation
management, electronic logistics marketplace, or electronic freight
information systems, to improve efficiency, speed, or quality of
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and
customer services. Review global, national, or regional transportation or
logistics reports for ways to improve efficiency or minimize the
environmental impact of logistics activities.
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle. Direct or coordinate
comprehensive logistical or reverse logistical functions for product life
cycles, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery,
recycling, reuse, or final disposal of resources.
- Monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with
regulatory or legal requirements.
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport
costs and efficiency
- Arrange warehouse, catalog goods, plan routes and process shipments to
optimize performance and minimize cost of doing business
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports
or exports, or customer issues. Plan or implement improvements to internal
or external logistics systems or processes.
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets.
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement
improvements. Establish or monitor specific supply chain-based performance
measurement systems. Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation,
customer service logs, or training or safety records. Analyze the financial
impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes,
product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
- Comply with laws, regulations and ISO requirements. Prepare or file
environmental certification applications. Develop plans or set goals to
reduce carbon emissions associated with storage or transport activities.
- Create policies or procedures for logistics activities. Ensure carrier
compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or
delivery. Conduct or review environmental audits for logistics activities,
such as storage, distribution, or transportation.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business
systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting,
- Understand, work with and possibly help to develop e-commerce. Plan or
implement material flow management systems to meet production requirements.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university or equivalent
combination of related education and experience in logistics
(shipping/receiving/material handling/inventory control).
- Requires a minimum of 2 years project management and/or process
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of progressive Logistics management
experience, working with both domestic and international partners.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic and international shipping methods.
- Understanding of and ability to pack and process hazardous materials,
IATA certification a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of IATA, DOT UN-Packaging for shipping and storing
requirements and import requirements. Knowledge of principles and methods
for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the
relative costs and benefits.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic
planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership
technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control,
costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and
distribution of goods.
- Ability to develop and maintain shipping/receiving metrics (i.e.
supplies, transit time, shipper performance, etc.). Knowledge of principles
and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes
customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and
evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Interpersonal skills required for working efficiently and effectively
with peers, subordinates, suppliers, client logistics departments and
others. Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment,
selection, training, compensation and benefits, employee relations, and
personnel information systems
- Understanding of GHS, HTS, NMFC codes and OSHA. Knowledge of laws, legal
codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive
orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design,
teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the
financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Knowledge or Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
Manager Compliance & Logistics
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php