Global Trade Operations Manager
Job Location: San Jose, California
Western Digital is driving the innovation needed to help customers capture,
preserve, access and transform an ever-increasing diversity of data. Our
solutions are at the heart of breakthrough discoveries, and enable the flow of
information that leads to smarter decisions and deeper connections. We create
environments for data to thrive so people, relationships and experiences thrive.
- Manages the day-to-day issues related to import and export operations.
- Ability to develop and manage import and export operations programs.
- Develops training materials and conducts training sessions as necessary.
- Performs trade operations reviews/audits as well as various operations
relating to trade activities in the US as well at foreign subsidiaries.
- Qualifications/ Experience:
- 7-10 years of experience in trade operations-compliance
- 5+ years of experience directly managing / supervising employees.
- A successful candidate would be able to work cross-functionally and
cross-regionally to ensure alignment across the business and across the
- Strong knowledge/experience of US Customs & BIS regulations, and other
- Strong working knowledge in applying HTS and ECCN classifications
- Familiarity with other country regulations is beneficial (Europe/Asia).
- Other strengths should include valuation, country of origin, duty
savings programs, and dealing with global import formalities, including
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Able to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and
- Able to communicate clearly and convey necessary information.
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Able to negotiate skillfully, promote/sell ideas persuasively
- Possesses strong multi-cultural interpersonal skills.
- Possesses leadership skills with a willingness to lead, create new
ideas, and be assertive.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving
tasks to completion.
- Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with
high workloads and deadlines.
- Experience Level with Business Tools — proficient in utilizing business
tools such as: E-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with SAP and/or Oracle and its related trade management
software Duties & Responsibilities:
- Management of the regulatory compliance processes at headquarters and
around the world
- Implements policies, procedures, and training programs
- Manage the Customs Reconciliation Program, the Drawback Program, CTPAT
- Monitors activities of the logistics centers, sales and technical
support offices to heighten compliance
- Performs periodic trade operations on-site reviews at the various sites
- Support the implementation of new global trade compliance system
- Oversee the work of the customs brokers, freight forwarders and support
staff as it relates to day-to-day trade operations
- Project Management including management of reporting program to monitor,
track and report progress of addressing compliance gaps, process improvement
initiatives and upcoming program changes
- Manage day to day activities of direct personal
- Front line management of the global trade operations staff
- Some non-standard work hours as business requires
- Some travel required
- Additional duties as assigned
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php