Import Compliance Manager
Location: San Diego, CA
Salary: $90,000 - $110,000
Job Type: Direct Hire
Enjoy the autonomy to create your own projects and pursue initiatives that
spur your interests in import compliance all while working for a company that is
redefining the next generation of mobile technology. This position will oversee
all trade activity, spearhead global compliance projects and initiatives with
high visibility, and strengthen the execution of the trade compliance program.
- Manage global import and indirect tax issues; work with in-country staff
to create process improvements and ensure compliance with country-specific
- Drive efficiencies in operations and spearhead the development of the
Americas trade compliance program.
- Facilitate new business unit growth opportunities through the launch of
global new product introductions (5G, IOT, Augmented Reality).
- Lead North America compliance reviews and work closely with local
- Maintain oversight over required import and export documentation in
accordance with local laws and corporate policy.
- Pursue IT automation efforts related to compliance.
- 5+ years of experience in in-house compliance department,
accounting/indirect tax, international trade consulting, trade law or
- Experience with US import regulations, HTS classification, customs
valuation, and indirect tax management.
- BS/BA degree in International Business, Finance, Economics, Tax or a
- A candidate with Big Four or similar varied experience in support of
evaluating and implementing best practices for import compliance on a global
level, and supporting complex projects related to cross-functional teams,
such as Finance, Tax, Legal, Supply Chain, Project Management, Government
Affairs, and Logistics
- Advanced degree preferred - MBA or JD
- Licensed Customs Broker
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php