Senior Trade Compliance Specialist - PDX
ESI, Portland, Oregon, United States of America Req #1914
If you're looking to make an impact, work with outstanding colleagues and
grow your career, ESI is the place to consider!
The Senior Trade Compliance Specialist is responsible for the daily activities
related to import/export compliance, and logistics facilitation for the ESI
business unit based in Portland OR. This includes resolving customs delays,
ensuring customs and regulatory compliance, performing ECCN and HTS
classifications, and creating and reviewing import/export documentation as
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs day to day trade compliance and logistics activities as they
relate to US regulations, and global requirements per methods and criteria
set by Manager and Corporate Trade Compliance.
- Creates a proactive workflow that supports On Time Delivery and Customer
Satisfaction that meets or exceeds cut-offs, deadlines or commitments.
- Executes to company-wide policies and procedures based on import and
export regulations- create local procedures as needed.
- Acts as site representative for Corporate Trade Compliance Manual,
processes, work instructions, updates, and ISO requirements.
- Ensures that trade related documentation is accurate, maintained, and
complies with US regulations
- Acts as main point of contact driving the efficient and compliant
processing of inbound and outbound shipments.
- With technical support, assists in the determination and assignment of
Harmonized Tariff classifications, Country of Origin, ECCN numbers and
request formal commodity classifications and binding rulings when
- Assists with determining US export licensing requirements; process
necessary license applications as required.
- Ensures routine internal import/export self-audits are occurring and
participate in Quarterly Corporate import/export audits. Report and ensure
any corrective action outcomes are implemented.
- Supports the integration of new trade requirements into relevant
- Assists with the design and delivery of Trade Compliance training for
various internal audiences as prescribed by Corporate Trade Compliance.
- Assists in finding solutions to resolve cross functional import/export
- Uses sound judgment and turn complex compliance and logistics problems
- Escalates any suspected non-compliant activity immediately to Manager
and be able to provide suggestions or recommendations.
- Other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelorís degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 6 yearsí experience performing international logistics,
import, export and related compliance activities
- Must have strong experience with US Export Administration and US Customs
- Possessing solid HTS, SCHB and ECCN classification skills and robust
understanding of the Rules of Origins, GRIís, OGAís, and Explanatory Notes
- In-depth knowledge of requirements for filing Carnets, AES, ACE, SNAPR,
- Comprehensive understanding of International Commercial Terms
- Experience with FTA program administration is preferred
- Proficient computer and data entry skills, Microsoft Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and related tools
- Strong experience with ERP systems and Global Trade Mgt. software is
- Must have effective communication skills with ability to communicate
with internal and external customers at multiple levels
- Possess strong attention to detail and accuracy, and be able to quickly
- Must be able to work under pressure, and be flexible in a dynamic fast
- Dependable, responsible contributor who is self-disciplined and able to
work independently without supervision
- Must adhere to safety guidelines as the position resides in an office
and exposure to warehouse setting
We are interested in a qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the
United States. However, we will not sponsor employment visas.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required
to sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must regularly
lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment
is usually moderate.
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php