Senior Customs Compliance Specialist
Location 500 Oracle Parkway , Redwood Shores, CA 94065, US
Role and Responsibilities:
- Implementation of Oracle customs policies and procedures within the
organization and with external import/export agents and customs brokers.
- Coordinate Customs compliance oversight of import and export formalities
for Global Cloud Deployment strategy and execution.
- Coordinate and provide primary support for Oracle system testing
requirements for systems implementations or enhancements. This includes
transactions quality checking of shipping documents through payment
- Responsible for Customs compliance oversight of import and export
formalities made in Oracle’s name in Mexico, Chile, and Colombia.
- Assign National Harmonized Tariff codes for Oracle Hardware and Software
products for specified countries and regions.
- Respond to all compliance inquiries from appointed import/export agents
and customs brokers for assigned countries and regions.
- Carry out sample audits on appointed import/export agents and customs
brokers. Manage / arrange all post entry adjustments to import or export
declarations. Obtain approval for any customs reclaims or post entry
- Interface and drive Global Trade Compliance Customs team actions with
Oracle Tax, Legal, external customs counsel, local customs brokers to
obtain, review and satisfy Customs or Tax authority audit and/or inquiries
for specified Latin America countries.
- Expanding the Global Customs Compliance program through global review of
new customs regulations, anti-dumping/countervailing duty regulations, and
assists exposure globally.
- Assess risks and exposures to Oracle subsidiaries and drive necessary
controls to adhere to requirements and remediation
- Support the evaluation of any Customs issues that could arise as a
result of changes in business distribution model, manufacturing models,
importer structure, or as a result of an acquisition.
- Work with various lines of businesses such as Tax, Finance, Logistics
and Engineering to identify root-cause analysis and corrective action for
customs compliance related issues.
Skills and Experience:
- In this role, you will utilize your skills in obtaining, reviewing, and
evaluating new global customs regulations, anti-dumping/countervailing duty
regulations, and ongoing global assist exposure to implement necessary
controls to meet requirements and minimize risk and exposure.
- You are bilingual and can communicate effectively in both Spanish and
- Heavy HS classification experience specifically in Chaps 84 & 85.
- You have experience analyzing and resolving complex customs and
compliance issues and making recommendations for compliant, practical
solutions to your internal business partners in specified countries and
- You have demonstrated experience in Latin America Harmonized Tariff
Classification codes for import and export purposes
- You will have experience on Oracle ERP (minimal GSI 12.1) Cloud version
preferred and Oracle Global Trade Management/Oracle Transportation
- You have practical knowledge of World Customs Organization policies on
customs valuation, classification methodologies, and World Trade
Organization analysis of anti-dumping/countervailing duty order analysis.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both English and
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Experience working in a multinational company with a global remote
- Demonstrated Project Management experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to travel up to 25% (Latin America and US)
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php