Trade Compliance & Distribution Manager
Location: New Jersey
Type: Full Time - Experienced
Categories: Compliance Management, Management, Supply Chain Management
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
The position performs lead role within Thorlabs and is responsible for the
facilitation of on-time product distribution by planning, developing and
implementing trade compliance and material handling. Creation and management of
business unit level trade compliance policy and procedures. Provide advice and
guidance to Senior Management on the application of Government regulations.
Although the location of the position is in Newton, NJ, from time to time it may
be required to undertake duties at other Thorlabs locations.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Strong knowledge and application of export/import trade regulations to
include International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export
Administration Regulations (EAR) and US Customs and Border Protection
- Extensive, hands-on knowledge of the Automated Customs Environment (ACE)
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and integrate export/import
requirements with company's international business strategy.
- Hands on experience with freight transportation strategies, project
management and warehouse operations that endeavor to refine supply chain
processes, reduce costs, and drive customer satisfaction.
- Ability to lead a matrixed team of over 100 import/export and
distribution resources achieving safe and efficient movement of manufactured
products transported worldwide.
- Apply continuous improvement methodology and recommends modifications to
Distribution processes as needed.
- Represent the organization as primary contact for import, export and
third party service providers as well as government entities.
- Experience with RoHS, REACH SVHC, Conflict Minerals and CE Marking
- Develop and maintain all Trade Compliance Policies and Procedures that
pertain to: Import, Export, Classification, Country of Origin, Free Trade
Agreements and Supply Chain security.
- Minimum 15 years of previous work experience with material importation
and exportation processes analysis and preparation
- Custom Broker certification preferred
- Bachelorís degree in Supply Chain Management or related field
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of export control laws and regulation (US, and preferably
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management, Exportation processes and
- Demonstrate working knowledge of ERP systems, Axapta preferred
- Proficiency in basic computer use (MS Office) and communication tools
- Demonstrated experience in a customer centric environment
- Experience in the management of people (direct and indirect) and
budgets; development of plans and strategies
- Dependability/Demonstrated ability to Deliver Results
- Strong ability to take initiative/ownership
- Strong problem solving/analysis skills
- Strong attention to details
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php