Customs Compliance Specialist Classification
Hourly Off Scale
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Temporary, Reports to: Customs Compliance Supervisor
Location: #99 Issaquah, WA
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Kathy Brennan, Manager of Customs
Compliance, firstname.lastname@example.org by
March 1, 2018
The Customs Compliance Specialist will be responsible for all aspects of
importing and exporting Costco merchandise to be in compliance with applicable
regulations, and policies. The position will work closely with the multiple
departments to support Costco's import and export programs.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
- Ensures the proper classification, valuation, marking, and country of
origin of imported merchandise and the proper use of duty preference
- Supports merchandising departments and participate in department product
reviews to validate classification and ensure compliance with all
- Serves as contact for customs broker to insure the proper declaration of
- Assists in reviewing and developing compliance procedures for service
- Identifies opportunities for duty refunds and savings including duty
- Researches evaluate and report on current and pending international Free
Trade Agreements and requirements.
- Monitors trade restrictions, general prohibitions and apply to business
- Participate in the development, review, and maintenance of compliance
policies, procedures and manuals.
- Serves as internal resource for information requests in regards to
- Responds to Customs or other governmental agencies inquiries and
requests for information.
- Develops and maintain training materials and conduct internal training.
- Analyzes import/export data to build commodity and business profiles.
- Maintains Customs Compliance databases and general record keeping.
- Develops corrective action recommendations for non-compliance of any
policies, laws, or regulations.
- Assists in additional areas as requested, including but not limited to:
Supply Chain Security (C-TPAT), Export Compliance, Canada Customs, NAFTA,
Mexico Customs, and Audits.
- Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
- Computer, phone, faxes, printers, calculator.
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
- U.S. Customs Broker License.
- 3-5 years customs compliance and import/export operational experience
- Project management skills and technical import/export knowledge
- Proficient in AS400, SAP, Microsoft and Google applications, as well as
Internet based research and programs.
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- Detail oriented, with excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability, communication skills and
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees at all levels.
- Self-motivated with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple
- Physical, mental and psychological demands and environmental conditions
- Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php