EMEA Trade Compliance Manager
The EMEA Global Trade Compliance Manger is responsible for acting as the
regional trade compliance lead with respect to activities within the Europe,
Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region, and supporting the Global Head of Trade
Compliance in developing, implementing, and monitoring the company’s overall
trade compliance program. This is a regional leadership position reporting
directly to the Global Head of Trade Compliance, who is based in the United
- Ensure that the company’s activities within EMEA are compliant with
domestic and international import/customs, export, and sanctions
- Support the Global Head of Trade Compliance in developing and deploying
trade compliance program and procedures. Act as primary person responsible
for implementation and oversight of EMEA-based entities.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable trade compliance laws and
regulations for international transactions into, out of, or within the EMEA
region: ?Serve as the resident export on EU import/customs, export, and
sanctions laws and regulations.
- Oversee activity in EMEA to ensure compliance with trade compliance
policies and procedures.
- Conduct self-testing and audits of the company’s EMEA operations with
respect to trade compliance activity.
- Analyze and interpret requirements for compliance as they relate to
customs/import laws and regulations, export control laws and regulations,
and sanctions from applicable countries within the EU and EMEA region.
- Conduct training on trade compliance laws and regulations, and
applicable policies and procedures, to EMEA-based company associates and new
- Provide consultation to EMEA-based business units, subsidiaries, and
business function leadership on issues affecting the business, and resolve
matters in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Oversee and provide guidance to logistics personnel on compliance
related matters, including: HS classification, export control/dual-use
classification, customs valuation, country of origin determination, free
trade agreement qualification, and customs broker management.
- Consult with the Global Head of Trade Compliance, Compliance Counsel,
and outside counsel.
- BS or BA degree. Law or graduate degree preferred.
- 5-10 years of direct trade compliance experience, with extensive
experience in HS (tariff) classification, export control/dual-use
classification, and country of origin determination.
- Extensive knowledge of EU import/customs regulations, export control
regulations, and sanctions.
- Fluent in German – both verbal and written.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills (the ability to present
trade compliance concepts in a technical environment and to persons at all
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Critical thinking and excellent problem solving and analysis skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize, with excellent time management
- Ability to handle confidential information frequently and appropriately.
- Capable of working independently in support of trade compliance
objectives and working collaboratively with trade compliance personal and a
variety of business functions.
Travel: Domestic and international travel periodically, typically less than
Gateway Recruiting, INC.
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php