Senior Procurement Specialist
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Extensive knowledge of supply chain management and vendor long term
- Assists and Negotiates favorable terms, volume discounts and long-term
contracts with suppliers for the procurement of - equipment (goods, services
- Takes responsibility for purchases in support of customer-related
- Has good knowledge of international requirements related to these
commercial transactions with some experience in finalizing logistical
requirements to deliver equipment globally.
- Supports all commercial aspects of vendor management including Terms and
- Performs and manages cradle to grave purchase order administration (i.e.
proposal stage through delivery and installation).
- Discusses defects and delivery problems with suppliers and is
responsible for negotiating refunds/back charges.
- Coordinates with Inspection and Engineering to maintain qualified
vendors list globally.
- Knowledge of currency and commodity impacts on equipment pricing will be
an additional advantage.
- Coordinates with operations, engineering to ensure proper scheduling and
movement of goods and supplies.
- Establishes priorities for the completion of assigned tasks. Uses
judgment to interpret internal and external issues and develop best
practices. May direct resources, prioritize tasks and provide guidance to
less experienced team members.
- Relies upon experience, interpersonal skills, and broad knowledge of
field to ensure task completion in compliance with policies, procedures, and
- Skills required for this job are typically acquired through the
completion of an undergraduate degree and 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Required to have requisite software skills related to the role.
- Must have ability to travel, up to 25%.
Gateway Recruiting, INC.
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php