Company: AmerisourceBergen Company
Location: Millbrae, California
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At
AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused
and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our
responsibility to create healthier futures.
What you will be doing:
World Courier, a business unit of AmerisourceBergen designs world-class
logistics and supply chain programs in complete alignment with customers’
business goals. With 2,000+ associates across 50+ countries in 140+
company-owned offices, World Courier delivers ultimate peace of mind for the
transport and storage of time- and temperature-sensitive products. For more than
45 years, only World Courier has delivered the unsurpassed knowledge, global
reach and flawless supply chain execution needed to become the most trusted
specialty logistics company in the world.
This position is located in Millbrae, CA
Flexibility in work schedule is required – We operate 24 hours a day 7 days a
week. We will require overtime, holiday scheduling, and weekend shifts as
A Typical Day...
- Pre-approve and complete customs clearance for World Courier shipments.
- Apply due diligence in maintaining customs compliance.
- Reviewing documentation for all imports and signing documents which are
submitted to US Customs, DEA, USDA, FDA, CDC, and US Fish and Wildlife
- Answering questions from colleagues, clients, and other offices,
regarding regulations pertaining to imports/exports affecting the United
- Responding to inquiries for authorization to ship to USA
- Rating shipments (using the US Harmonized Tariff code book) for Customs
- Liaising between US customs and clients
- Submitting all necessary paperwork to regulatory agencies as required
- Keep current on all customs regulation
- To keep current and understand all SOP
- Maintain Power of Attorney records
What your background should look like:
- Licensed Customs House Brokers: Maintain Customs License for duration of
employment with World Courier
- Working knowledge of ABI system and all entry processes
- Communicate directly and professionally via phone and e-mail with
clients regarding the status of shipments
- Brokers with a valid Certified Customs Specialist certificate (CCS) must
obtain the required 20 point for renewal
- Demonstrate ability to develop and cultivate strong relationships with
US customs, DEA, USDA, FDA, CDC and US Fish and Wildlife
- Communicate professionally via phone and e-mail with the above listed
- Pleasant personality, and professional demeanor
- Ability to work harmoniously with colleagues and other WC offices (team
- Overtime may be required
What AmerisourceBergen offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our
associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and
designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
- Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and domestic
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Pet insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Retirement benefits and more…
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a
balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company- paid,
while others are available through associate contributions.
Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business
AmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 11 global healthcare solutions
company and is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies.
Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products
and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of
the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We
guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php