Global Logistics Export-Import Program Planning Specialist
Company: Palo Alto-Space Systems
Job Description / Responsibilities / Requirements
SSL is a leading provider of commercial satellites and spacecraft systems,
with broad expertise to support satellite operators and innovative space related
missions. The company designs and manufactures spacecraft for services such as
direct-to-home television, video content distribution, broadband internet,
mobile communications, and Earth observation. Based in the heart of the Silicon
Valley, SSL's advanced product line also includes state-of-the art small
satellites, and sophisticated robotics and automation solutions for remote
operations. A career with SSL could shape your future in ways that you've never
imagined. Due to the nature of our business, SSL has export control and security
sensitivities that require all of our employees to be a United States Citizen,
Permanent Resident of the United States, an Asylee, or a Refugee. SSL is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Support SSL's exports and import programs by acting as a subject matter
expert and internal service provider for SSL organizations such as, Supply
Chain, Marketing, Program Management and other functional areas as needed.
Duties relating to the Global Logistics organization include providing oversight
and operational day to day handling of inbound and outbound goods with SSL's
transportation providers and customs brokers as well as giving advice and
guidance on complex compliance and logistics programs based on the International
Traffic Arms (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Foreign Trade
Regulations (FTR) and others. Duties also include management of all off shore
supplier imports, broker management, and advance metrics, performing
self-classification via the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) customs responses
and performing export/import compliance audits.
The selected candidate is expected to:
- Review and approve the export/import of goods including HTS, Valuation,
Rules of Origin, Recordkeeping and special programs (9801, 9802, TIB, NAFTA,
FTZ, FCC, Census).
- Responsible for maintaining and obtaining Carnets.
- Provide procedural guidance in resolving complex export/import related
- Manage and maintain compliance files and records in accordance with U.S.
- Respond to CBP 28 & 29 Resolution request and various US Customs
- Resolve import and export issues with Customs Brokers and Freight
- Conduct self-assessments of tools, controls and documents to ensure
compliance with government record keeping requirements.
- Provide reports and metrics pertaining to all elements of the logistics
- Review supplier invoices for authenticity and correctness of charges.
- Validation of US import customs entries (CBP 7501, 3461, etc.).
- Develop and maintain tools and controls to ensure compliance with US
government import/export laws and applicable regulations under the ITAR, EAR
- Maintains EAR & ITAR license files and a database of current and expired
- Communicates with Shipping on all International Shipments.
- Manages oversized transportation loads and works with providers to
maintain DOT and 49CFR compliance.
- Knowledge pertaining to FAA and IATA regulations to manage Air Charter
- Work with various launch site personnel to coordinate shipments for
arrival in country.
- Execute and setup ocean transportation and knowledge in IMDG and ISF.
- Work with customs and border protection, FTZ board and the City of San
Jose on annual reconciliation of Foreign Trade Zone hardware.
- Knowledge of the FTZ regulations, including 214, 216, 7512 CBP Forms.
- Degree in International Trade Preferred, experience and technical
knowledge in the Global Logistics and Customs field required.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in Import/export, US customs and
international logistics environment. Should have thorough knowledge of
Global Logistics methods and unique country requirements.
- Extensive knowledge and application of ITAR, EAR, FTR, FTA, Incoterms,
HTS is required.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the DOT and FAA regulations
pertaining to road and air transport.
- Knowledge of FTZ processes and regulations preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication required.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook is preferred.
- Must be a US person as defined in the ITAR.
- Customs Brokers License highly desired but not required.
Contact Information to Apply
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php