Global Trade Account Manager
Job Title: Account Manager
Primary Location: Personal Residency
Reports To: V.P. Client Success
Employment Type: Hourly/Salary, Bonus
Work closely with the VP of Client Success to staff, manage and deliver all
solutions and services specified within the scope of a Managed Services Program.
Serve as an extension of our client’s team or organization and ensure compliance
per our client’s established policies, procedures and risk tolerance, while
adhering to Vigilant’s core values. Ensure the highest level of quality while
maximizing bottom line profit.
Vigilant Core Values
- Accountable/Takes Pride in Work (Reliable/Get “R” Done)
- Understands the value of reputation
- Interested in continuous improvement
- Passionate/Can-do attitude
- Does the right thing – (Help First, Goes the extra mile)
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Serve as the client’s primary point of contact for all communications.
- Serve as a seamless extension of client’s team or organization and
ensure compliance per our client’s established policies, procedures and risk
- Responsible for the daily management and delivery of all solutions and
services specified within the scope of a Managed Services Program and
adherence to service level agreements (SLAs).
o Responsible for communicating the request to perform
any support request outside the scope of a Managed Services Program or Project
to the VP of Client Success.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely submission of daily hours and
any expenses for all team members.
- Responsible for learning and leveraging technology in the delivery of
all solutions and services specified within the scope of a Managed Services
- Responsible for monitoring and responding to client and Vigilant emails
in a timely manner.
- Responsible for answering and responding to client and Vigilant cell
phone calls in a timely manner.
- Ensure the optimal and efficient allocation of resources to maximize
profitability while ensuring client satisfaction.
- Develop and implement personal and team Back-Up/Disaster Recovery plans.
- Oversee cross training of team to increase compliance skills.
- Work with VP of Client Success to oversee training of account back-up
- Manage overall change control processes, perform audits and quality
assurance as specified by VP of Client Success to ensure client and employee
- Ensure work product is at the highest level of accuracy and timeliness
- Identify on a timely basis all account challenges, while providing
strategies and approaches to overcome these barriers/challenges.
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of projects, within budget.
- Proactively analyze client/account data to identify opportunities for
- Develop and implement new processes and procedures to improve
- Proactively follow-up with clients to monitor effectiveness of team
- Ensure tracking of all relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- o Provide weekly and monthly operational updates as specified by VP of
- Responsible for coordinating, preparing and delivering Quarterly
Business Reviews as specified by VP of Client Success.
- Identify opportunities to offer additional solutions to client based on
need or value.
- Identify opportunities to offer new services, solutions or technology to
- Participate in recruiting, mentoring, training, hiring and firing of
Account Specific Responsibilities (Based on Scope of Managed Services
- Assist the Client with their Duty Drawback program (various types of
Drawback) and work to assist them in catching up their filings
- Work with the clients Brokers to ensure the timely passage of import and
- Identify and classify accurate ECCN & HTS/HS classifications for the
- Provide License determination and assist in the application of USML/EAR
licenses to assist the client in moving their goods.
- Processing of daily export and import operational transactions, per the
client’s policies and procedures.
Other Representative Job Duties may include:
- Responsible for assisting on other client projects (bandwidth
permitting) and providing back-up for other client accounts.
- Review/Audit import and export transactions to ensure accuracy and
compliance with the various regulations.
- Responsible for executing Export and Import controls as directed by the
Client’s Policies, Processes and Procedures
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Business or related field.
- Professional Experience: Minimum 7 years’ experience in a corporate
compliance, logistics, freight forwarder, customs broker or compliance
- Advanced knowledge of import and export (EAR & USML) trade compliance
processes, policies and controls.
- Knowledge and experience with Antiboycott Programs is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Global Trade Management solutions (Amber Road,
GTS, GTM…) and compliance technology tools such as Descartes’ CI
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with the ability to
perform the day-to-day account activities independently with minimal
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and
complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with Legal, Sales,
Operations, Logistics, Engineering, Finance and IT executives to achieve
clients’ business and compliance objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (verbally and written) effectively
with clients, coworkers and leadership.
- Demonstrated leadership skills such as conflict/issue resolution, strong
client interfacing skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Customs Brokers License preferred, professional certificates, licenses,
and training experience a plus.
How to apply:
Please apply online via
http://vigilantgts.catsone.com/careers to be considered for this
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php