Trade Compliance Program Manager
Company Name Broadcom Limited
Company Location San Jose, CA, US
If you are a first time user, please create your candidate login account
before you apply for a job. (Click Sign In > Create Account)
If you already have a Candidate Account, please Sign-In before you apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
- Develop and deploy Trade Compliance Control Program on import and export
- Ensure legal compliance to government laws and regulations, including
appropriate licensing for shipments.
- Primary interface with the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), U.S.
Customs and Border Protection (CBP), U.S. State Department (DDTC), U.S.
Treasury Office Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and other government agencies
as they apply to company goods, software, technical data and services on
compliance, licensing, and jurisdictional matters.
- Serves as the resident expert on U.S. export/import requirements.
- Analyzes and interprets requirements for compliance as they relate to:
Export Administration Regulations (EAR) of the U.S. Department of Commerce
Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), U.S. Treasury Office of Foreign
Assets Control (OFAC), International
Traffic and Arms Regulations (ITAR) of the U.S. Department of State; U.S.
Customs and Border Protection (CBP); and other applicable Government Agency
rules and regulations;
Conducts training on government laws and regulations,
as well as company’s policy and procedures.
Review, respond to, and escalate as necessary all
government inquiries related to trade compliance
Manage external audits and disclosures , provides
direction/consultation to business units, global subsidiaries, sales,
procurement, project managers, order management, etc. and resolves matters
pertaining to export/import transactions and International Trade Sanctions
to ensure compliance with all applicable U.S. laws and regulations, as well
as local country laws.
- Oversee and provide guidance on day-to-day compliance matters on
Restricted Party Screening, ECCN classification, end-use/user restrictions,
sanctions, export license determination and drafting license applications,
and escalation matters.
- Oversee and provide guidance to the import compliance team in the
day-to-day compliance matters which are not limited to but include HTS
classification, valuation, and product qualification for preferential duty
treatment under FTAs, custom broker management, and
- Oversee and provide guidance to the trade compliance team (including as
necessary trade compliance contacts at global subsidiaries) on country of
- Consults with outside counsel as needed to resolve difficult legal
- BS or BA degree and a minimum of 8-10 years import/export administration
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. import and export control laws and
regulations as they relate to: Export Administration Regulations (EAR), EAR
Categories 3, 4, 5 Part 1, Part 2, and 9 [at minimum]. U.S. Treasury Office
of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), International Traffic and Arms Regulations
(ITAR) of the U.S. Department of State; U.S. Customs and Border Protection
(CBP); and other applicable Government Agency rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of various company standard PC applications and
operating systems. Proficient with MS Office products including Word, Excel,
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the
ability to present them in a technical environment.
- High accuracy and attention to detail are essential requirements for
this position. Semiconductor industry experience strongly preferred
- Ability to interact with business units, marketing, sales personnel to
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to set and accomplish
- Critical thinking and excellent problem solving and analysis skills.
- Capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing with excellent time management
- Ability to handle confidential information frequently and appropriately.
If you are located outside USA, please be sure to fill out a home address as
this will be used for future correspondence.
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php