Trade Compliance Specialist
We are looking to fill this position asap. Anyone that might be interested
can reach out any time at 310 490 0704, or
Roles And Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining and advancing the Company’s international trade
- Develop, maintain and update documented internal controls over trade
- Provide strategic guidance on the incorporation of trade compliance
requirements into the Company’s existing business processes;
- Identify opportunities to facilitate trade in a cost-effective and compliant
manner (e.g., free trade agreements, trade preference programs, etc.);
- Oversee Trade Operations day-to-day activities;
- Providing international trade compliance training to Company personnel;
- Interact with trade-related government agencies in the United States and
- Support the Internal Audit group by identifying areas of potential risk for
- Act as subject matter expert for Director of Tax Controversy in connection
with customs audit defense
- Manage day-to-day customs operations and serve as SME in North America and
serve as point of escalation for global customs operations.
- Interface with ISI Logistics, as well as transportation and customs brokerage
service providers, to plan and execute international shipments.
- Collaborate with various business functions (e.g., Tax, Legal, Engineering,
NPI, and Supply Chain) to understand needs and build integrated, upstream, and
forward-looking trade compliance processes.
- 10+ years of international trade experience, focusing primarily on customs and
trade compliance matters
- 2+ years of experience leading a team or as a project / program manager.
- Experience interfacing directly with customs and partner government agency
authorities on a regular basis.
- Well versed in responding to government inquiries (e.g., CF-28s / CF-29s).
- Strong experience with MS Office Applications, including knowledge of Excel,
Access, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with implementing (or at a minimum utilizing) databases and
enterprise resource planning (“ERP”) global trade automation solutions.
- BA / BS degree or equivalent required; MA in relevant field (e.g.,
international policy, international business) or evidence of exceptional ability
U.S. Customhouse Broker License strongly preferred
ESP Technical Recruiter
Direct dial: 772-403-0525
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php