Export Compliance Analyst
Location: Bay Area, CA
Job Type: Direct Hire
An exciting position that is critical to the successful launch of new
products awaits the right individual. This is an exceptional opportunity to join
a Global Export Compliance team. A chance to make a positive impact on a company
world renowned for its impressive lineup of products and technology. You’ll
share in a commitment to excellence by partnering with world-class managers, all
with one unified vision – creating innovative products that delight customers.
Complying with the Export Administration Regulation (EAR), International
Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC), and
foreign government agencies.
Research, and classify software, hardware, or 3rd party products, and submit
classification requests to relevant government agencies, or applications for
export licenses for controlled products or technologies and maintaining
Responsible for deemed export compliance, reviewing foreign national
candidates and submitting IVL export license applications to the BIS, and
maintaining records for record retention.
Develop and execute Export Compliance Awareness trainings, developing and
enforcing compliance processes and procedures.
Participate and contribute to the many other facets of responsibilities which
the export compliance department manages across the company.
- Bachelors degree in international business, international relations,
international trade, law degree or a related degree and with relevant
- Strong working knowledge of the Export Administration Regulations,
especially Categories 3, 4, 5 and 6.
- ITAR knowledge a plus.
- Experience with the SAP, Global Trade Services (GTS) module.
- Experience in creating & maintaining documentation of Export Compliance
controls & processes is required.
- Experience creating and providing trainings and presentations.
- Experience in logistics compliance.
- Familiarity with international regulations is a plus.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done as required.
- Experience working with engineering teams as needed.
- Ability to interface and work well with relevant Government agencies.
- Ability to refine and develop processes to gather the information
necessary to classify the products.
- Excellent communication skills in addition to the ability to deal
effectively with ambiguity and change will also be critical.
- Penchant for working with people, working in teams and building
- Prefer 5+ years of general export compliance experience.
- Mac and OS X proficiency is a must.
- Curiosity and creativity is a plus, plus!
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php