Global Trade Compliance Manager
This position will actively participate in developing the trade compliance
strategies, policies and procedures, assign the proper classification to
products and provide trade compliance guidance and trainings to increase the
compliance awareness within the organization.
In this role, you will report to the Global trade Compliance Senior Manager
within the Legal department.
- Responsible for keeping abreast of the dynamic and changing US and
international trade compliance regulations, including the US Export
Administration regulations to ensure compliance within global entities.
- Evaluate new and changing regulations to assess potential impact.
Conduct ongoing, thorough and complex analysis of potential impact and gaps
in existing processes and adherence to regulations within global entities.
- Responsible for conducting and leading investigation, audits and risk-
assessments of export control, sanctions and program function, and conduct
root cause analysis on any identified deficiencies.
- Create, develop and implementation of corrective action plans including
generating and execution of new or modified policies and procedures.
- Will work effectively with governmental organizations to mitigate any
potential compliance issues while representing the company.
- Utilizing the ability to influence and persuade, work within all levels
of the organization to effectively communicate, ensure adoption of changes
in policy and process to align with regulatory adherence.
- Assigning appropriate and accurate classification (HTS/ECCN) information
to products to ensure adherence with regulatory requirements.
- Conduct assessments to determining the export control requirements and
obtaining the necessary export control licenses;
- Working to effectively handle and resolve denied party screening
activities and clearance of exports transactions;
- Identify, develop and educate internal clients on trade compliance best
practices to continue to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Ensure thorough and complex documentation in place to support compliance
Required Education and Experience:
- Academic background includes a minimum of BA/BS degree or equivalent
experience in trade compliance; Master’s degree preferred
- 5- 8 years of relevant experience in international trade compliance in
an international environment, with either an international operating company
or an international law firm;
- Strong knowledge of US Export Administration Regulation (“EAR”) and the
Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) is required;
- 3+ years of experience related to assigning the ECCN/HTS determination
and supporting export control licensing requests is required; Classification
experience in category 3 is a plus;
- Preferred experience in high-tech or semiconductor Industry;
- Excellent communication and effective interpersonal skills;
- Attention to details and accurate in execution of any task;
- Ability to work autonomously, with minimal direction, and self-motivated
- Ability to work well in multidisciplinary teams and international
- Ability to work within all levels of an organization to ensure
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php