Associate Director Supply Planning
This role will be responsible for S&OE (short term planning and execution) of
the MPS for (2) Gilead internal sites and (25) external CMOs utilizing the
Kinaxis Rapid Response Planning system. This position has 2 planners and 2
inventory specialists reporting to the Sr Manager, Supply Planning. Their
functions will include short term planning (0-3 months) for Sterile and Solid
Dose drug product, and the management of CMOs and their performance KPIs.
Purpose of Role
Manage the short term planning/execution (0-3 months) of Active
Pharmaceutical Ingredients, excipients, packaging and finished goods globally
utilizing internal and external finished good suppliers to ensure product
availability for our patients.
- Ensuring product availability for our customers globally
- Oversee S&OE planners/inventory specialists
- CMO/Internal manufacturing management through KPI’s on a monthly cadence
- Work closely with the S&OP planners to execute the plan per their
Success Measured By
- Develop strong Supply Chain Execution skills with your staff
- Will be working closely with all other functions;
Manufacturing/R&D/Regulatory Affairs/Quality/API group/Clinical and Legal
- This manager will lead 2 site planners and 2 inventory specialists that
will focus on manage the CMO’s and the client's global network in short term
execution period for Global Supply Chain planning.
- Responsible for short term Network Plan (next 3 months) and resolving
supply issues in short term
- Responsible for short-term network inventory balancing
- Manages weekly performance at 25 CMO’s and 2 internal sites, including
production and shipment adherence
- Leads Weekly Global network S&OE meeting (CMO’s & Internal sites)
- Responsible for all transitions on ~2K work orders and purchase orders
annually. Transitions include creating work orders/purchase orders,
maintaining CMO work orders & purchase orders dates, API issuance, inventory
reconciliation and work order and purchase order completions for all 20
CMO’s mfg/pack sites
- Coordinates and manages relationships with other departments (i.e.
quality, mfg., AO, logistics, etc.) to resolve supply issues
- Implementation of changes in supply chain (i.e. shelf-life changes)
- Ensure that country supply chain requirements are supported by
manufacturing and logistics providers (where applicable), specifically:
- Own and manage the short term planning/execution for our global products
- Ensure proper communication throughout the mfg network including
- Report monthly S&OE metrics for each CMO and consistently drive to
manufacture according to our MPS.
- Establish the right organization structure, and lead the coaching of
your people, specifically:
- Direct a staff of 4 individuals, responsible for solid dose and sterile
- Drive an aligned focused culture through clear performance targets and
- Promote a clear engagement strategy through meetings and communications.
- Implement talent development and staffing and succession routines.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
- Extensive Project Management experience and expertise
- Budget management and financial analysis skills.
- People Management and Project Leadership experience
- Provide strong and visible leadership. Own the S&OE process and drive
for adherence to our MPS
- Experience utilizing strategic thinking to shape the plan and gain
buy-in from the GSC organization and other functions.
- Enlist strong process and project management skills/ability to manage
- Strong communication skills — an ability to envision, energize, and
enable both the GSC organization and other functions, and where necessary,
lead performance management decisions.
- Ability to collaborate across functions and siloes
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or related subject.
- 10+ years’ supply chain planning experience in a GMP regulated industry
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php