- Manage all Purchasing and Supply Chain activities globally (Houston,
India, Russia, China, etc.)
- Be accountable for ensuring the compliance for all of their teams with
the Company’s Code of Business Conduct, internal controls, policies and
procedures, and Project Procurement and Materials Plans.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a Suppliers List and
monitor supplier status with project personnel.
- Be responsible for the creation and implementation of a purchasing
strategy in support of the scope of work performed.
- Responsible for developing purchasing strategies for proposals and
Project Procurement Plans and guiding team to execute such plans.
- Ensure compliance with Purchasing budget for area of responsibility.
- Be accountable for effective management of the purchasing and supply
chain activities that ensure delivery of cost-effective services to
- Furnish purchasing personnel with appropriate skills to meet the
requirements of our internal and external Customers and issue personnel
requisitions as required.
- Support and ensure the correct deployment and utilization of Procurement
systems (IPMS, Supplier, Supplier Management, SAP, Documentum, etc.).
Understand and Execute on the Following (Supervisor Responsibilities):
- Act as the Purchasing Lead and supervise the complete range of
purchasing activities on a project, Service Site or in an Operating Center.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, management and monitoring
of annual business plans and productivity improvements.
- Be accountable for ensuring compliance with the purchasing requirements
of the Prime Contract and the Project Procurement and Materials Plan.
- Implement and execute the purchasing strategy in support of the scope of
work performed and the specific business needs and goals of the project.
- Be accountable for the success of the Purchasing activities and
deliverables in accordance with agreed schedules, milestones and cost,
focused at aiding business goals and profitability.
- Ensure effective deployment and use of the approved suite of systems and
tools, ensuring successful implementation to aid efficiency and
- Ensure that their teams are focused on cost, schedule, risk, innovation,
and being commercially astute and performance driven in support of the
- Effectively supervise purchasing supply chain activities to ensure
cost-effective delivery of services in accordance with the agreed scope,
specifications and price.
- Verify the accuracy of bid tabulations, purchase orders, change orders,
agreements and release orders prior to submitting for approvals, release to
suppliers, and/or distribution.
- Select and utilize Purchasing personnel, with the appropriate
competencies to undertake the project activities and to meet internal and
external customer requirements.
- Communicate regularly with Purchasing personnel.
- Network and build relationships with supplier's management for goods and
services and leverages these relationships to aid performance.
- Promote networking; networks and collaboration within and across the
procurement and other disciplines at all levels to achieve synergy, promote
sharing of knowledge, best practices and lessons learned.
- Perform audits of the discipline to ensure compliance with policy,
process, tools and systems.
- Provide information on the performance of purchasing activities; spend,
supplier performance and other appropriate information to Procurement and
Materials Management and others as required and use this data to aid
- Assist in the development and deployment of purchasing best practices
within the discipline regarding improvement of purchasing processes,
practices, tools and systems. To aid efficiency and effectiveness.
- Skills required for this job are typically acquired through the
completion of an undergraduate degree and 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Required to have requisite software skills related to the role.
- Must have ability to travel, up to 35%.
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php