Customs & Trade Compliance Operations Manager
Boston Area, MA
We are seeking a highly collaborative, proactive Customs & Trade Compliance
Operations Manager to be responsible for managing the US operations team to
ensure adherence to import and export compliance regulations and requirements
through your fervor for reporting, extraordinary communication skills and
incredible ability to build strong cross-functional relationships.
- Responsible for overseeing and leading the daily operations for imports
and exports compliance activities, including direct reports daily workload
- Provide global support for trade compliance matters based on local and
- Partner with other departments on strategic planning to ensure
efficiency and cost effectiveness in areas that involve import and export
- Oversees the US and Canada import and export operations including
Customs broker and freight forwarders to ensure accurately timely
- Manage and conduct quarterly reviews, compliance audits, review
corrective actions, evaluating broker compliance and broker metrics.
- Responsible for determination and full compliance of the Harmonized
Tariff Schedule, Export Control Classification Number and Partner Government
- Work with internal and external legal counsel to ensure compliance for
all import and export transactions.
- Develop, implement and maintain work instructions, policies and trade
- Lead in the development, deployment and conducting training that comply
with regulatory compliance
- Monitor regulatory changes, communicate as applicable to ensure
understanding and implement globally.
- Manage internal customs programs including the C-TPAT, duty drawback,
NAFTA and other preferential tariff programs.
- Ensure that the SAP/GTS system adheres to “self-checking” to import and
export regulations including management of content provider subscriptions
for classification, Sanction Party List (SPL), and NAFTA rules of origin,
including transactional support and documentation generation.
- Participate in cross-functional projects relating to trade compliance.
- Identify and report to Corporation management any potential violations
of trade compliance laws and compliance violations and any incidents
involving significant weaknesses in processes or procedures.
- Prepare periodic updates and metrics reports for export and import
operations for trade compliance management.
- Identifies key opportunities for continuous process improvements,
identify root cause, implement solutions to eliminate identified
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- At least 7 years of direct experience in trade compliance within a
- Working knowledge of import/export regulations, import/export
documentation and recordkeeping.
- Experience utilizing ERP systems, such as SAP and Global Trade Services
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation) with
ability to implement and conduct training.
- Strong organizational, multitasking, problem solving, and time
management skills to meet or exceed deadlines, and maintain flexibility in
fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels within the corporation,
including outside counsel
- Strong attention to detail and proficient recordkeeping and
database maintenance skills
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently to make
effective decisions in a timely manner.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
- Bachelor’s degree in international business, supply chain, trade
compliance or a related field
- Master’s Degree a plus
- Licensed Custom’s Broker is required
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php