Director Global Public & Community Affairs
- Builds and sustains local market relationships and partnerships with
community, civic and nonprofit organizations to support company objectives
and help meet community needs.
- Influence key stakeholders to drive community initiatives and obtain
state and local support – including economic/community development
incentives to support corporate strategic objectives and improve the quality
of life in site communities.
- Actively represents the company in community and economic development
initiatives by developing and maintaining strategic alliances with local
advocacy organizations. Where community agreements exist, serves as primary
contact with local organizations.
- Conduct strategic planning with senior management and Foundation Board
to evaluate goals, objectives and priorities. Measure and report on
initiatives and actions.
- Guide local Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) performance and assist in
the formation of action plans for Lending, Investment and Service CRA gaps.
- Operates across organizational boundaries to build consensus across the
company to advance guiding policies, strategy and goal implementation.
- Directs local employee engagement strategy including placement of
leadership on local boards and signature volunteer activities,
- Sets direction for local market community sponsorships and signature
civic programs to drive community impact.
- Guides strategy of local employee giving campaigns.
- Coordinates local disaster community relief/recovery response efforts.
- Coordinate with Government Affairs and Corporate Communications groups
to ensure alignment with key local, state and federal government officials
and other key stakeholders
- Builds trusting internal relationships as a central point of contract
and expert in external stakeholder/community decision-making regarding
issues affecting company stakeholders and reputation.
Job Qualifications / Requirements
- Masters Degree preferred in public or business administration, BS degree
- 7-10 years experience in nonprofit or public service management with
demonstrated success in economic and community development, volunteer and
education initiatives, and a wide variety of experiences leading strategic
partnerships – creation, execution and demonstrating collective impact
- Significant experience leading a team and budget management experience
- Significant experience with a company Foundation
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php