Senior Trade Compliance Specialist
This position can be located in our Hercules, CA or Pleasanton, CA offices.
- Works on projects and tasks that are local and regional in scope and
impact with significant complexity.
- Exercises significant judgement with latitude to propose and implement
improvements in the Trade Compliance policies and processes.
- Supports the coordination of import/export shipments with the Corporate
Logistics and Compliance departments.
- Performs SAP Global Trade Services (GTS) export compliance screening,
set up restrictions in SAP GTS for regulatory concerns, and manage shipments
with export restrictions.
- Assigns HTS classifications, Export Control Classification (ECCN) FDA
import product codes and country of origin information in GTS.
- Maintains and assists with implementation of export and import
compliance procedures and work instructions.
- Handles daily information requests from Customs Brokers for import
clearance of products and materials.
- Administers import/export recordkeeping requirements.
- Supports projects focused on improving business operations and
- Coordinates with Customer Service and logistics to troubleshoot problem
- Responsible for auditing customs brokerage and shipment transactions and
- Manage Global Trade Services (GTS) module of SAP.
- Subject matter expert in one or multiple areas of the law such as HTS,
Origin, Free Trade Agreements.
- Develop presentations and effectively communicate results with
recommended action plans to management.
- Uses data analysis/modeling to create new reports. Troubleshoots and
modifies existing reports including Target KPIs, commodity indices, cost
savings opportunities, etc.
- Partner on initiatives to support the creation of new reports, metrics
and dashboards based on business needs.
- Acts as a liaison between end-users, IT and other cross functional teams
and professionals in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and
maintenance of systems to ensure optimal operational performance.
- Troubleshoots, reports on and tests new system/tool functionality.
- Supports internal audit procedures.
- Recommends, supports and implements scalable practices for the future of
the organization to further enhance business measurements using statistical
based analysis to drive data-based conclusions.
- Provides necessary compliance training to operational personnel.
- Provides recommendations and implements improvements to trade compliance
- Identifies and documents business risks.
- Expertise in multiple areas of import and export laws such as HTS
Classification, Country of Origin, Free Trade Agreements, Customs Valuation.
- Measures regulatory compliance of customs brokerage transactions
processed by auditing transactions.
- Responsible for all compliance aspect of the business unit within a
- Directly responsible for taking corrective action when there are issues
- Responsible for analyzing and interpreting export and import regulations
and provide risk assessment and advice related to business activities.
- Identify and develop business processes to address compliance risks.
- Maintains awareness of industry and market trends through ongoing
- Bachelorís degree or equivalent in International Business, Business
Administration, Business Information or related discipline.
- 7+ years database management experience.
- 7+ years in a dynamic Global Trade environment.
- Experience working in biopharma, medical or life science related
- Knowledge of trade compliance regulations in more than one country
- Advanced quantitative skills with proficiency in data analysis (SAP/MS
Access) modeling (MS Excel) and presenting (MS PowerPoint).
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and tools such as PowerBI.
- Expert knowledgeable about how to qualify items under various Free Trade
agreements, Customs Reconciliation & Duty Reductions Programs.
- Advanced knowledge of US Customs Harmonized Tariff Schedule, Government
Agency, Import/Export regulations (i.e. CBP, Census, BIS, EAR, OFAC).
- Strong skills in product classification-ECCN and Harmonized Tariff
- Demonstrated experience in working in cross functional teams driving,
developing and implementing Customs related procedures and work
- Ability to explain and teach new data models and functions.
- Customs Broker license or equivalent certifications preferred.
Remember to mention you found this listing at www.leaphart.com/JobOpenings.php