||Independent Study: On-line Course with Automated Examination System
SPRING 2024 eCOURSE STUDY PLAN
- Access to
Learning Center for next scheduled exam, which includes:
- Study Guide with Assignments at the beginning of each Lesson
- Concise text and charts in PDF format to keep you focused on the most important regulatory reading
- Study tools and tips for Valuation, Classification and FTA
- Lesson Quizzes and Exercises -Automated with valuable tips for increasing your test-taking skills and measure your reading progress
- EXAM LAB - Automated Timed Quizzes by regulatory section, with grade tracking added to your profile
- Web Links to all reference materials, government publications, and required web reading.
- Email Updates regarding exam, materials and other important exam tips.
- Special Exam Tutorial available for eCourse Students
CHB Exam Prep eCourse with Remote Class: $1,595.00 - Registration Deadline is Friday, December 8, 2023
Video - Are You Ready? (wmv format) |
Video - Are You Ready? (mp4 iPhone format)
Contact us for a "Guest Pass" to the "Learning Center" |
CHB Renewal |
CBP Exam Notice
The U.S. Customs Licensing Exam is difficult to pass. It requires a comprehensive knowledge of the import process, terminology, complete knowledge of the Customs Regulations and an ability to reference the Harmonized Tariff to classify commodities as outlined in the General Notes. Individuals have 3 minutes, on average, to answer each of 80 questions.
Ro Leaphart's CHB Exam Prep (© 1989-2024) is a highly organized, self-study course, designed to prepare you for the government's comprehensive exam. If you completed our introductory course, The Basics of Importing or have had equivalent import training and have read the Regulations and the General Notes of the Harmonized Tariff, you're ready to study for the government licensing exam (Find out what you know. Take our FREE placement quiz!). Our CHB Exam Prep course promises you an arduous and challenging adventure. Your success will depend upon your initiative, your stamina and your self-confidence.
ADDITIONAL REFERENCE MATERIALS and SUPPLIES must be purchased separately.
Spring 2024 Class Shopping List as of 12/01/2023: Regs, HTS, 19 USC, and Other Supplies. CBLE April 2024 Designated References: April 2023 19 CFR and 2023 Basic HTS. Leaphart students should NOT order bound 19 CFR 1-199. Order a Subscription to the Customs Regulations, which provides updates. For the April 2024 CBLE, CBP states you will need to also order the April 2023 19 CFR 200-end. This is the 3rd bound version of the CFR.
The government and legal publications may not be available or may be under revision at the time of order. You can not begin serious study without these professional reference books.
This study course is ONLY recommended for those individuals who have a college level English language reading ability. English language proficiency is essential to your success as a broker and for achieving a passing grade on the exam. It is recommended that students who lack this level of reading ability complete a college level English course before considering this program. Alternatively for Non-Native English-speaking students, we recommend that you obtain the score of 550 on a paper-based TOEFL or 213 on a computer-based TOEFL.