||On-Line Independent Study:
- Complete Course in On-Line format accessible for one year.
- Downloadable Study Guides at the beginning of each Lesson
- Concise text and charts in PDF format to focus student on most important regulatory reading
- Study tools for Valuation, Classification and FTA
- Lesson Quizzes to test your reading progress
- Answer keys to all lesson quizzes
- Test taking tips
- Exam Lab - Automated Timed Quizzes by regulatory section, with grade tracking added to your profile
- Web Links to all reference materials, government publications, and required web reading.
- Email Updates regarding exam, materials and other important exam tips during access time frame
- Access to
Learning Center Access for one year
- Contact us for a "Guest Pass" to the "Learning Center"
Special Exam Tutorial available for eCourse Students
Video - Are You Ready? (wmv format) |
Video - Are You Ready? (mp4 iPhone format)
Preview Text Material (PDF) |
CHB Annual Renewal |
CBP Exam Notice
The U.S. Customs Licensing Exam is difficult to pass. It requires a comprehensive knowledge of the import process, terminology, complete knowledge of the Customs Regulations and an ability to reference the Harmonized Tariff to classify commodities as outlined in the General Notes. Individuals have 3 minutes, on average, to answer each of 80 questions.
Ro Leaphart's CHB Exam Prep (© 1989-2016) is a highly organized, self-study course, designed to prepare you for the government's comprehensive exam. If you completed our introductory course, The Basics of Importing or have had equivalent import training and have read the Regulations and the General Notes of the Harmonized Tariff, you're ready to study for the government licensing exam (Find out what you know. Take our FREE placement quiz!). Our CHB Exam Prep course promises you an arduous and challenging adventure. Your success will depend upon your initiative, your stamina and your self-confidence.
ADDITIONAL REFERENCE MATERIALS and SUPPLIES must be purchased separately.
Spring 2019 Exam Shopping List: Regs, HTS, 19 CFR 200-End, 19 USC, and Other Supplies - This list was compiled by Renata Pearson specifically for her classroom and tutorial students. If you have questions regarding reference materials or supplies, please contact us.
The government and legal publications may not be available or may be under revision at the time of order. You can not begin serious study without these professional reference books.
This study course is ONLY recommended for those individuals who have a college level English language reading ability. English language proficiency is essential to your success as a broker and for achieving a passing grade on the exam. It is recommended that students who lack this level of reading ability complete a college level English course before considering this program. Alternatively for Non-Native English-speaking students, we recommend that you obtain the score of 550 on a paper-based TOEFL or 213 on a computer-based TOEFL.
The "Leaphart Learning Center" works optimally on IBM compatible computers with Internet Explorer 11 or Google Chrome.
© 2019 Leaphart + Associates, Inc. - All Rights Reserved